Lee Jihoon: Triumph

University.

A quadrivial place to meet new friends, make fresh bonds and have space to become the young adult version of yourself. It is a varied community to grow, mature, and expand the horizons of what I previously believed impossible. For some people it could be a warm cocoon from which they intended to fly, others tend to find their quiddity. 

This institute pilled little steps that will form a firm path one day. Equivocally this path does work out, those remaining find major hindrances from four sides of the wind which is ultimately fine. 

The blasting festival music awakened me from my usual daydreaming, a VIP access pass hanging around my neck as I stood in front of the steel barricades. My eyes with the crystal pearls patched underneath them peeked up to see two distinct guys, Big & Small as I used and still use to call them. 

The reminiscing thought made me emotional, tear-jacked while they played that mundane tune I had heard a thousand times before.

Where did the unbelievable journey all start? Let me tell you that this is not the usual story. As a second-year university student I had pretty normal credentials, an ordinary attendance rate and financial stability. 

Although I was not pompous popular around campus, people always seem to come to me with their problems. Whether it was about lectures that they had missed or about life issues that they wanted to share. I had the sweet manner with a voluntary listening ear which made me the in-house therapist.

Little did they know that I used their striking stories for something else, my self-written lyrics to be exact. Being an aspiring songwriter back in high school, I gave this facetious dream up at one point as I did not want to waste my life while there was enough better talent out there. The writing however was still a much-loved hobby of mine, spending leisure time in the music studios at the university was part of my daily routine. 

I tapped my pencil on the doodled paper as I found myself in a writer's block situation again. For my own good I wanted to finish this song by the end of the day. A full-bodied sigh left my mouth, taking the reusable water bottle with me as I stepped outside for a couple of minutes to get a fresh start. 

Walking back towards the facility, I did not pay attention that I walked straight into the wrong studio, meeting eye with someone who everyone knew at our campus. 

Lee Jihoon, a.k.a. Woozi that he used as an acronym for his self-composed productions. Those brilliant music pieces were well known around the site as they played them religiously on the radios and during university fests. 

I bowed instinctively and apologized for the inconvenience until I heard him speak. 'Wait! Aren't you the one who was singing in the room next door? If you were, then you were probably the same person that sang the other day too.'

I stopped my escape route immediately, turning around to hear Jihoon clicking rapidly while he used ProTools on the two computer screens in front of him. Shifting bar by bar like the producer knew exactly what he was doing, my dry lips mumbled something under the breath. 'The rooms are supposed to be soundproof.'

Jihoon halted for a second, declaring that I am the only dummy in the room right now. 'Yes, that is true except that rule does not go between the walls of the studio's themselves. Nevertheless, I used your voice for something. Check this out.'

My eyes shot up in complete surprise to where he was seated, jaunting to him as I basically complained my astonishment. 'What?!'

He met my disheveled look, grinning while Jihoon pushed the spacebar to play the apparent track he was working on. 'Listen.'