Chapter 4

Narrator's POV

In the Kingdom of Elorerin, King Caleb stands in front of his window, looking over his Kingdom. He saw the knights training hard for the next invasion for Valdronia.

He smirked at the idea of the kingdom falling to his knees. Where King Raymond is bowing down to him, begging him to have mercy on his kingdom. But Caleb knew he didn't want that. He wanted Raymond to suffer like he did when Rose chose Raymond over him.

He will finally get his revenge after all these years.

Caleb heard footsteps coming towards him. He didn't even acknowledge them because he already knew who the person was.

Caleb: Is everything prepared, William?

William, also known as Willie, is Caleb's most trusted guard. He was an orphan growing up. Stealing food, playing tricks, and always being alone.

Flashback

One day, King Caleb was walking around the kingdom, searching for some new fabric for his throne room. He felt someone taking something out of his pocket. Caleb was fast enough to catch the thief red-handed.

Caleb: You know, you should really think who you are stealing from.

Caleb turned his hand to the boy, realizing he was just a child. The child was looking at him with fear in his eyes. He didn't know he was the king, thinking he was just another snobby rich man. Not the KING!

Caleb could tell he hadn't eaten in days based on how skinning he was. Suddenly, he had the most unusual plan.

He kneels down to the small child, loosening his grip on him.

Caleb: Where are your parents?

Willie looked down, not answering him. Caleb understood what he meant feeling sorry for the little boy.

Caleb: What's your name?

Willie: *quietly* W-w-william. Willie for short.

Caleb: *nodding* Well, that's a nice name.

Willie: T-thank you.

Caleb: I'll tell you what, how would you feel if you come over to the castle and we'll have a feast. And maybe, just maybe, you would like to stay with me. How does that sound?

Willie: Really?

Caleb: Really.

Willie had the biggest smile on his face. For the first time, things were looking up for Willie. Caleb held put his hand out, and Willie grabbed it. They both walked towards the castle hand in hand. Everyone was looking at them weird, but they didn't care.

Ever since then, Willie has been fully devoted to helping Caleb with his mission. Although, he has realized that more of his plans have been getting more sinister over time. Willie has been getting second thoughts on whether or not to trust him anymore.

Caleb: Well?

Willie: Everything is in order, Caleb.

Caleb: Perfect. Now, we're one step closer to bringing Valdronia to their knees. Tell me, what do you know about the Princess of Valdronia.

Willie: She is the only daughter of King Raymond. She is next in line for the throne. She hasn't made an appearance until last night.

Caleb: Walk with me, William.

As Caleb and Willie walk together toward the throne room, Willie sees certain portraits and banners. Once they were there, Caleb led Willie to the huge map on the table.