Chapter 20

Luke's POV

It has been 3 days since we arrived, and it's been a nightmare. Julie hasn't talked to me, I haven't been talking to my dad, and the prince has been nothing but a spoiled brat. Honestly, I just don't understand why her father would ever agree to marry off his own daughter to a jerk who only cares about himself.

Julie doesn't deserve that. And if I could, I'd talk to her about it, but she isn't going to talk to me after what happened a month ago.

There's got to be a way for her to talk to me. Maybe I should talk to Flynn? She is really close to Julie, and she could convince her to meet up with me.

I walked out of my room and made my way to Flynn's room. It was hard to find out where she was, but I managed to find it. But just when I was about to knock, the door opened, and I saw Flynn with a smirk on her face.

Flynn: Finally, you decided to show up.

Before I could say anything, she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room. She looked to see if anyone was there, and when she sawno one, she quickly shut the door.

Luke: Okay, I feel like I have to say this, but if you're thinking of making a move on me, you might as well forget it because Reggie is one of my best friends and I re-

Flynn: Relax, guitar boy. I'm not making a move. I would never do that to Julie and Reggie.

Luke: Oh good, because I do not want Reggie to kill me for the wrong reason. But if it's not that, then why were you expecting me?

Flynn: Because I want to help you get Julie to talk to you again.

Luke: How do you -

Flynn: Know that? Let's just say that I have my ways.

Luke: *crosses his arms* And that is?

Flynn: Does it matter? Do you want help or not?!

Luke: Yes, please. Tell me what I have to do.

Flynn: Just meet her at the castle gardens. I'll take care of the rest.

Luke: Alright. I guess I'll just head out then. But, what time should I be there?

Flynn: Be there at 10 pm.

Luke: Okay, thanks.

I walked towards the door, but before I could open it, I turned towards Flynn with a questioning look.

Luke: How are you getting Julie there?

Flynn: Don't worry about it.

Luke: Okay?

Then I left the room. But before I could go back to my room, I decided to look around the castle grounds to try to get used to the surroundings. I couldn't stop thinking about why she had to marry the prince.

He has got to be the most obnoxious person in the world. All he ever talks about is how much money he has, and I saw him trying to flirt with a maid, who seems very uncomfortable.

She should really think of quitting.

I made it to my room, and I looked up to see my dad sitting on my bed. I rolled my eyes and wanted to leave until he stood up.

Mitch: Luke, don't leave.

Luke: Why should I? So that you could lie to me over and over again. Yeah, no thanks.

Mitch: Just hear me out. Okay?

I stayed quiet for a little bit until I let out a frustrated sigh and shut the door.

Luke: You got five minutes.

Mitch: Okay. Can you sit down?

Luke: I would rather stand.

Mitch: Okay, that's fine.

He sighs and then starts talking.

Mitch: Before you were born, before I met your mom, I was in a band with my best friends. Like how you, Alex, and Reggie are. My friends were like brothers to me. That "bounty hunter" we saw at Meadowbrook, he was one of them.

My eyes were wide open. The bounty hunter used to be Dad's best friend?

Luke: H-

Mitch: His name is Onyx. He was the bassist of the band.

Luke: And the other friend? What was his name?

Mitch: *pause* I named my son after him.

I just stood there. I didn't know what to expect. I was named after my dad's best friend? There's got to be more.

Luke: What happened to him?

Mitch: I'm getting to that. *sighs* When we were performing a gig, some shady people got into contact with us, and they wanted us to do some illegal stuff. While Luke and I wanted to turn it down, Onyx was all for it. And when we wanted to quit, Onyx wouldn't let us. The gang had guns, and they gave him one without us knowing. We had no choice but to listen to him. I was too scared, so Luke thought that it was time to stand up for ourselves and go there alone. But when I finally got the courage to go there, I saw Onyx standing over him with a gun in his hand. I saw Onyx pull the trigger and shoot him. Luke died, and Onyx didn't feel a sight of guilt. That's when Onyx and I fought, and when the police arrived, they arrested him. I lost two friends that day. That's why I was so hard on you with music, because I don't want you to go down the same road as I did.

By the time he was finished, he was sobbing. I stood there until my legs started moving, and I sat on the bed with him.

Luke: Dad, you and mom taught me to be careful in situations like these. I know what to do and what not to do. But you got to understand that music is my life and I'm really good at it. I just wanted my dad to support me. To trust my decisions and instincts. I do appreciate how protective you were of me.

Mitch: Someone has to. You're my son.

That's when I unexpectedly pulled my dad into a much needed hug. He was a little shocked at first, but eventually, he hugged me back. He hadn't hugged me like this in years. It felt good to have them again.

We pulled away, and my dad patted me on the back.

Mitch: Sorry for not telling you.

Luke: It's okay. I'm sorry for not talking to you for a month.

Mitch: It's fine. I went through it.

We both chuckled at the joke, but when the laughter died down, my dad turned to me seriously.

Mitch: Luke, you should know that I -

That's when we both heard a knock at the door. I asked the person to come in, and it revealed both Alex and Reggie.

Alex: Captain Mitchell, Luke, we were just requested to meet the King and Prince in the throne room.

Reggie: It sounded serious, so we wanted to tell you both.

Mitch: Alright, we'll be there. But you guys don't have to call me Captain when it's just us.

Alex: Sorry, but the guards here are noisy, and if we say your name, they might think that we don't respect you.

Luke: Dude, stop caring what other people think. But he does have a point, though, dad.

Mitch: You're right. Let's get going.

_______________________________________

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Things at home hadn't been doing so well. But I do hope that you guys will like the chapter.

This time, I'm going to promise that the next chapter will come soon.

Make sure to comment or vote.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee 😁