Chapter 12

Narrator's POV

*Relynn*

Reggie made his way to the kitchen and found Flynn sitting on the table. It was surprisingly clean for an abandoned house, but that wasn't the point. He noticed how Flynn had a whole case of soda right next to her and

How did she get those?

He grabs the nearest chair and sits on it. He was next to Flynn, but the room was still silent. She was down to her third soda. With enough bravery, Reggie grabbed the soda and placed it far away from Flynn.

Flynn: HEY! I wasn't finished with that.

Reggie: I think you had enough.

Flynn: What do you want, Reggie?

Reggie: I wanted to see if you were okay.

Flynn: If you give me my soda, I might consider not punching you.

He gave her back her soda because he didn't want a black eye. Once Flynn got her soda, she began drinking.

Reggie: What's really going on, Flynn?

Flynn: *sighs* I just really don't like seeing quitters.

Reggie: We are not quitting. We are just waiting for the right time.

Flynn: Then when is the right time, Reg? Before you know it, Julie will get married to a prince who might treat her like crap and Luke might be so depressed that he might do something he regrets. And worst of all, it might affect us in the process, and I-

Reggie: Wait, pause there. What are you talking about?

Flynn: Nothing, forget it.

Reggie: No, tell me. I want to help.

Flynn: *sighs* I'm afraid that if Julie marries the prince, I might have to live with her and be away from you. A lady in waiting always follows a princess everywhere she goes, even if it means I have to live with her.

Reggie couldn't believe her words. There is a chance that not only Julie is moving but Flynn is too. He never thought of them being separated.

Flynn: *tears up* I like you so much, Reg. And I don't want to lose you. You're the best thing that ever happened since my dad left.

Reggie looked at the sobbing girl in front of her. He never wanted her to feel like this, so maybe it was now the time to tell her.

Reggie: Flynn, I wanted to wait to tell you this until we drop off Julie. But now that I know that, we will also drop off you, I think this is the perfect time to tell you this.

Flynn gave him her full attention with tears still in her eyes.

Reggie: Flynn, I really like you. Like a lot. And I can never imagine my life without you in it. And we will figure out a way to be together. I just know it.

Then, Flynn did the unthinkable. She grabbed Reggie by the face and kissed him. He was surprised at first but slowly eased into it. Here he was, kissing the girl he really liked. The kiss was passionate on so many levels, and it was like fireworks for him.

They pulled away with the widest smile on their faces.

Reggie: Whoa. That totally knocked me off my feet.

Flynn: Yeah, me too.

Reggie: Want to do that again

Flynn: I'm surprised you asked.

This time, Reggie grabbed her face and kissed her. Then, moments later, they started making out.

*Willex*