Chapter 10

Narrator's POV

Back at the Kingdom of Elorerin, the three kidnappers were at the throne room, waiting for Caleb to arrive. Once he did, everyone in the room bowed down to him, even the kidnappers. But when Caleb sat on his throne, he did not have a happy look on his face. He was angry. Like really angry.

Caleb: Rise, you peasants.

The kidnappers looked at each other with a scared look on their faces. But, they all stood up in order to not get into more trouble with him.

Caleb: You were giving highly specific information. You had an opportunity to get the princess and bring her here.

Caleb made a fist and slammed it against his throne.

Caleb: HOW CAN YOU LET HER GO?!

The kidnappers jumped at the sound Caleb's fist, and they were rambling about the situation that is happening right now. Caleb stood up and walked over to his prized sword. He picked it up and brought it over to the kidnappers.

Caleb: You all heard about my prized sword, don't you?

Kidnappers: *nodded*

Caleb: It's one of the most sharpest blades in the country. Back when King Raymond and I were friends, we would always battle each other with our swords. I would always nicked him by accident, and he would always forgive me. But I realized how long it's been since I used it. Well, now I have an excuse.

Before the kidnappers said anything, Caleb stabbed the leader with his sword. Caleb eyes were cold and heartless to the fact he did it in front of his servants. Most of them looked away, while others left the room.

The leader fell to the ground, and the other two members stood there shocked. Everyone knows how scary Caleb can be. Even his own General is afraid of him. But none of them were ready for the sight that they saw.

Caleb took the blade out of the kidnappers abdomen and looked at the last two members.

Caleb: The next time you fail me, you both will be getting a more painful death than him.

They both nodded and exited the room. Caleb went back to his throne and sat on it. He snapped his fingers, and the servants appeared and started cleaning the mess.

Just then, his top general came to give him news.

General Isaac: Your Majesty, we have news.

Caleb: Tell me later, I need to be alone.

General Isaac: With all due respect, your Majesty, this is very important. This is from your spy.

That got Caleb's attention.

Caleb: Tell me.

Luke's POV

It's been a few days since the incident with the kidnappers, and ever since, we've been extra protective with Julie. She didn't agree to it at first, but she could understand the situation at hand. After all, nothing can happen to her until we go to Devontae.

I honestly still can't believe she is going to get married. That must be one lucky prince to get a girl like that. But what do I care, I'm not the type of person to fall in love. That's not me.

Every time I went out with a girl, they never really saw me for who I am. They are only interested in me because of my looks, muscles, and that I'm in a band. Well, I can't really blame them for getting attracted by my handsome face, but the point is, is that I didn't need someone who doesn't know the real me.

But something was different about Julie. Like she sees through me.

Just then, my dad brought his hand up, signaling us to stay where we are and be quiet. The guys and I had to stay quiet till my dad gave the word. Suddenly, we heard a gunshot go off, and it spook the horses.