Chapter 8

Julie's POV

It has only been a day on our journey, and I'm already miserable. But I'm grateful that Flynn is with me right now. I'm so glad my dad allowed her to come with me. But even though it's nice to have her with me, I still feel sad that I had to leave my kingdom. I was looking out the window in front of me until Flynn tapped my shoulder.

Flynn: Julie, were you listening to anything I was saying?

Julie: Sorry, Flynn, a lot is on my mind right now.

Flynn: *worriely* You're already homesick?

Julie: *tears up* Y-yeah. I am. And the worst part is, is that I have to marry someone I don't know.

Flynn: *grabs both of her hands* Jules, look at me.

Julie: *looks at her*

Flynn: I know this isn't the life you have planned out, but you are doing this for the safety of your kingdom. And, Jules, you are doing a very brave thing right now. At least people will look at you as a hero.

Julie: Thanks, Flynn.

Flynn: You're welcome.

I pulled Flynn in for a hug, and we stayed like that for a few minutes until we hit like a bump. Flynn and I jumped, but we sat back down. Then the carriage stopped.

Flynn: Looks like we hit a bump in the road. *chuckles*

We were laughing until we heard a knock on the door.

Julie: Yes?

Mitch: Your majesty, we are just going to stop and take a break, maybe get something to eat. If you want, you could come out and stretch your legs for a bit.

Julie: That would be nice. Thank you.

I heard the Captain walking away, and I looked at Flynn to see if she wanted to come outside.

Julie: Do you wanna go?

Flynn: Sure, besides, I get to see Reggie in a uniform, and girl, you know I love a man in uniform.

I was shaking my head at my best friend while she just jumped off the carriage. Ever since we met, she would always mention how cute a guy is when they wear a uniform. For example, when I was 14, she would blab about how "hot" the Walmart guy was with his uniform. She even showed me a picture. Honestly, he wasn't even that cute.

I step out of the carriage and look at my surroundings. It was beautiful. The flowers were blooming, I could hear the currents of the river flowing, and the way trees moved when a breeze came.

I noticed an apple tree, and I walked up to it. My stomach was rumbling, so I wanted to jump up and get it. But I couldn't reach it. I was about to jump again until I heard two people arguing. I looked behind the tree and noticed that it was Luke and his dad. I stood behind the tree and listened.

Luke's POV

30 minutes ago

So far, the journey is going smoothly even though it's only been a day. Me and the guys have just been talking all day. But the other guy, William, he hadn't spoken a word at least once. There's something about him I don't trust. Call it instinct. He is hiding something.

I turned back towards the guys, and we just continued talking. But five minutes later, Reggie started talking about Flynn.

Reggie: During our time at the Café, she was telling me how she was DJing at Julie's Quince, and she accidentally put on a kids' song, and everyone was laughing. Flynn can be so funny.