Chapter 11

Narrator's POV

Everyone was walking behind Mitch as he was leading them to who knows where. Since the carriage was destroyed, they all have to save the remaining supplies they could find that wasn't wet. Unfortunately, all the maps and the food were soaked, so they needed to find a place to stay and get something to eat.

Captain Mitchell tried to read the map, but with the map wet, it was hard to read. No one has ever seen him so frustrated.

While walking, Alex noticed how close Luke and Julie had gotten. He didn't know if he should be happy or not. Sure, Alex is happy that Luke found someone he likes (he's not an idiot), but Luke likes someone who is engaged. He knew this would not turn out well at the end.

And it wouldn't be good.

He tapped Reggie on the shoulder and started whispering to him.

Alex: Have you noticed how close Luke and Julie have gotten?

Reggie: Now that you mention it, it does seem like he's getting along with Julie a lot better than before.

Alex: But you do know that when this mission is over, he's going to crush, right?

Reggie: Yeah, I know.

Flynn: But maybe we can help with that.

Flynn was listening to the entire conversation and couldn't help but butt in.

Alex: Seriously, Flynn, this is a private conversation.

Flynn: When someone talks about my best friend, you can't help but get into the conversation. Especially when someone talks about her behind her back. And trust me, you don't want to see my bad side. Now, what are we going to do about Julie and Luke?

Reggie: Nothing.

Flynn: Nothing? Reggie, you know that they like each other.

Reggie: I know, but we don't see how they could be together. After the mission is over, Julie will be married. We can't stop that.

William: Maybe you can.

And now William has joined the conversation.

Alex: William?

William: We can put them in a room together and when they confess their feelings and stop the wedding. And also, you guys can call me Willie.

Alex: Well, Willie, that is a good idea, but how do we make that happen?

Flynn: By making sure the Captain isn't here to see them.

Willie: How are we going to do that?

Flynn: Trust me.

Mitch: Everyone, look.

All eyes were on the Captain, and they all saw an abandoned house on top of a hill. It looked more like a cabin, but it was big enough for all of them. They all went inside and saw how truly abandoned it really was. All the walls have cracks on them, the dirty windows, and the electricity was down. The only good thing about this place was the running water and the fireplace.

Mitch: Alright, we set up camp here for tonight. If I remember correctly, the nearest market is east, so one of us has to go to that market.

Flynn: Actually, Captain, I was thinking that maybe you could go.

Mitch: Why me?

Flynn: It's just that you have more experience than all of us. Not a lot of vendors will never sell to unaccompanied teens hanging out at the market. They would most likely talk to a more authoritative figure. You get what I'm saying?