Chapter 22

Narrator's POV

Flynn and Julie took a walk in the palace, gardens just talking about what happened with Nick. But Julie didn't mention the part that he hit her. She was too embarrassed of that, and she didn't want Flynn to worry.

Flynn: Can I be honest? I never really liked Nick. He's too cocky.

Julie: Tell me about it. He just talks about himself a lot. He's nothing like L-

She stopped there, not wanting to say the name of the person who broke her heart.

Flynn: Like Luke?

Julie: Just forget it.

The walk was now quiet until they reached the fountain in the middle of the garden. Flynn turned towards Julie with a look of worry before she spoke.

Flynn: Jules, I love you, but I need you to listen to me before you get mad.

Julie: Okay?

Flynn: So, remember how you told you never wanted to see Luke again? Well...

Suddenly, they heard a bush rustling, and the behind it tripped over and fell flat on his face. Luke got up, brushed off the dirt of his pants, and sent a shy waved over to the girls. Julie was surprised to see him standing there. She didn't want to see him, but at the same time, she did. But she did not want to give him the satisfaction of it.

Flynn: I told you to wait for my signal.

Luke: I'm sorry, but a squirrel ran to me and almost attacked me.

Flynn: How could you be afraid of a tiny squirrel?

Luke: You didn't the look he gave me. He looked like he wanted to kill me.

Flynn: Idiot.

Julie: Why is he here? I don't want to see him.

Flynn: Just hear him out, Jules.

Julie: I want nothing to do with him.

Luke: Julie, please. I just want to talk.

She thought about it for a moment. On one hand, she wanted to punch his gut and go to her room. But on the other hand, she wanted to hear what he had to say.

Julie: *sighs* You get 2 minutes.

Flynn: I'll leave you guys alone.

She only took a stepped back between the two. Both Luke and Julie looked at her with a serious look.

Flynn: Oh, you want more space than that? Oookay.

Flynn walked over to the gardens entrance and went inside, finally leaving Julie and Luke alone.

Julie: What is it that you want to talk to me about?

Luke: Jules, you got to un-

Julie: What did I say about calling me that? My friends call me that.

Luke: I'm sorry. But you have to understand that -

Julie: Understand what? How you broke my heart how you said nothing when I asked you, you love me? How do I feel stupid to think you could love me after everything that happened? And how I feel that this has something to do with your dad and this whole situation?

Luke didn't say anything after he heard the last line. He just looked at the ground, couldn't get the courage to look at Julie in the eye.

Julie: So that was it? *scoffs* I never wanted to believe it, but I guess I was right. I was just someone who you needed to babysit, is that it?