1) Little scumbag

'His hair is white as the virgin snow, untainted. The darkness hiding in his eyes penetrates layers of flesh till it strikes my soul like a sharp arrow. He terrifies me even in my waking hours like a villain sent from the depths of hell itself-'

"Melanie!" A composed cold voice yelled, snapping me back to reality.
My entire body jerked to the sudden call and I quickly shut the novel I was secretly reading.
It was him, our new history teacher, Mr Aldric Andres.

His fierce black eyes were glued on me, darting arrows of displeasure at me.
For an accomplished teacher, he had quite a short temper and a really young appearance. On a normal Melanie-judgemental-day, I would have mistaken him for a twenty-three-year-old male. But to think that he was actually thirty, made my brain run in endless circles.

Unlike most teachers I had ever seen, Aldric was being allowed to keep his long ass white hair. Calling him mister sounded awkward given his youthful appearance, so I always omitted the title. Something that kept infuriating him.

He had been around for only two weeks amd I was already on his radar.

Yes, history was my favorite subject, scoring straight A's without any effort but, something about our new teacher felt so off.

After thirty minutes of all the uneasiness in the world, the bell rang, marking the end of his class.
I gathered my books, pressed them on my chest using my left hand while my right one grabbed my backpack.

"Melanie? A word?" Aldric spoke before I had the chance to escape amidst the exiting students.

"Su-sure." I stuttered, watching everyone else leave, not caring that I was being left in the hands of this white-haired man. Did they not have even a bit of compassion?

Swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat, I forced my legs to turn towards the man who was calmly arranging his three books in a neat manner before placing a marker on them.
It annoyed me how precise he always was.

"I get that you're the top student in the class Melanie, but if I catch you distracted again, I'll have to hold you back."

Him threatening me made my rude side kick in, dispersing the fear that had been there a minute ago. I rolled my eyes.
"Sure thing, Aldric."

"Mr Aldric, you little scumbag!" The male gritted suddenly shooting me a frightening glare.

A rope of fear wrapped itself around my heart out of nowhere. Hearing him curse me made it even more terrifying.

"What di-did you call me?"

"Nothing. Nothing." Aldric then picked up his books and walked past me. But not before whispering, "Little scumbag."

I had frozen in place. From both fear and shock. How could a teacher comfortably insult his student? Was he not afraid I would report him?

It took me thirty seconds to gather my sense and making me run after our history teacher. But when I dashed on the busy hallway, he was gone. It was impossible to miss a white-haired head because he was the only person with white hair. And yet, he was out of sight.

"You're the biggest scumbag." I hissed as my eyes shot left to right, searching for him.

*****Heeey. If you're new here, welcome. And don't leave yet, the deities are awaiting for you in the later chapters. If there are parts that you may not understand, feel free to reach out to me. I loooove interacting with my readers. Hades and Laziem says hi to the Kaes here😁😁❤️***

1) Hades(Aldric)