25) Hide your powers

"Are you sure nobody else can see you?" I murmured to Hades as we walked along the hallway.

  "Yes, little goddess. They can't even touch me unless I want them to." He answered, and even threw in a demo by walking directly at the incoming student. The girl walked right through Hades like he was a ghost or a shadow.

I marveled at it, smiled at his cocky face, and proceeded to head for the lockers ahead.

    I stopped before locker A401 and placed my thumb on the scanner. The lock clicked open just as I swung the backpack off my shoulder. A random thought crossed my mind, and I voiced it at Hades.

   "I haven't seen Heni in like two weeks. Is she still in the city?" It was a soft murmur, but Hades heard it.

   The male leaned against the locker to my left and crossed his strong arms on his impressive chest. Hades had a lean frame and equally distributed muscles. Although I had not yet seen him shirtless, I had felt his abs when I laid my hands on his abdomen a couple of times before.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want to see him shirtless. If he was a normal human, he'd have the typical bad boy look. From the single earring to the tattoo that emerged from his back and onto the back of his neck.

    Now that, was something I really wanted to see. When did he even get the freaking tattoo?

                *****3rd POV*****

Hades' eyes scanned the students busy with their morning routine. They seemed so peaceful, which started to bother him

    He didn't know peace.
Trouble. Violence. Danger.
Those were the only things he was good at.

Even playing boyfriend was such a difficult role. But he had to. Messing with Castor was getting more interesting, not forgetting this new rookie goddess could be from the Yin force. But he wasn't ready to surrender to hell. It had gradually become his home over millions of years.

   His eyes finally picked a target.
A couple was standing on the other side of the hallway sharing an intimate kiss.

   Hades snorted lowly and his eyes flashed golden. He intruded the mind of another male student who looked so timid and controlled him to walk over at the couple. The nerd boy smacked the shit out of the girl's ass, and Hades quickly jumped out of his mind, leaving the clueless boy in trouble.

     The boyfriend grabbed the nerd boy by his collar and immediately delivered an angry punch to his face. "How dare you touch my girl?" The boyfriend roared adding a second blow.

   "I haven't done anything man." The nerd cried as a line of blood came flowing from the corner of his mouth.

The air was now charged with hostility as the boyfriend started beating the nerd guy.
This drew a crowd around them, Melanie included.
     When her eyes fell on the boy now covered in bruises, she gasped. "Jasper?"

Hades' mood suddenly dropped from high in the clouds and sank deep into an ocean. Why did Melanie have to ruin all the fun by caring about the people he tortured?

   Bored by her savior attitude, Hades lost interest in spending the day with her and blurred out of there without alerting Melanie.

             *****MELANIE*****

People just stood and watched as Leo beat Jasper. Nobody even tried to intervene, instead, they were busy filming the cruel scene and grinning.

   I wondered what I had ever seen in Leo, to begin with. Looks? Well, this outburst had certainly canceled out any attraction I had had for him. He seemed to enjoy hurting Jasper who wasn't even fighting back.

    "Stop it!" I cried and ran to break them. But Cassie, Leo's new girlfriend dashed in the way and pushed me aside.
"Tell your boyfriend to stop this."

Cassie just smirked.
    "Jasper started this. Why should I interfere?" Ooh! The arrogance emitting from her was absurd.

Calm down, Mel. She's not worth your time. I whispered to myself, for if I lost control, I would hurt her badly.

   "Get out of my-"

"Stay out of this. We don't want your short ass getting hurt." Cassie taunted.

My eyes glared at her. I was five feet, how was that short? I may have forgiven Aldric for previously insulting my height, but Cassie, no.
I gazed back, still, none of the excited students bothered to save me or Jasper. Even Hades had vanished.

   Unlike before, my energy shot out of my chest speedily and quickly attached itself to every single person around me, except Jasper. They were instantly frozen in place. Their eyes started filling with bright sparks of terror upon realizing that they couldn't move even a millimeter.

    Something flashed, and it hit me that the phones were still recording everything.

Oh shit!

I had just exposed myself and there would be evidence.

  But would it still be there if I destroyed all the phones before any of them could save the video? No.

And as if the purple energy could hear my thoughts, it started gathering every phone that was out. I didn't care whether it was recording or hadn't even started.

   The phones, with purple orbs attached firmly on them, floated towards me. They were glued together to form a ball which slowly imploded before everyone's eyes.

       At least they didn't explode like the small training ball. Right?

Like shells, the destroyed phones fell on the floor, scattering pieces of themselves all over.
What a deserving sight. Those uncaring bastards deserved it.

    "Now, where were we?"
I faced Cassie and her eyes pleaded for her life. "Not so tough are you eh?"

A tear rolled out of her right eye, and I could see the growing desperation in her blue twins.

Other than her, I knew that the rest would remember this strange incident. This prompted me to take care of my mess by myself.

   I walked and stood at the center of the crowd where an unconscious Jasper lay, with Leo crouched over him awkwardly.

     "Listen to me all of you. This never happened, and if I hear a word about it, I'll haunt you in your sleep and-"
Hades made an appearance right in front of me.

   I scowled at him disappointed.

"Let me take care of this." He offered, wearing a look of disinterest.

"How? You can barely look after yourself."

     He unexpectedly placed a finger under my chin and raised my head at him.
"I'm your boyfriend." Hades cooed and my heart twitched in pleasure. The tone behind his voice made me feel like he did belong to me.

"But you still..." My words died slowly when his eyes lit up a beautiful shade of golden. Beautiful as the setting sun.

    "Let them go," Hades whispered cupping my cheek.
I melted in the warmth of his palm and the anger inside my chest faded.

   As the students regained their mobility, Hades stepped back.

"What...my head hurts," Cassie complained from behind me.

  I observed all of them pressing their heads, their expressions exposing the pain they were experiencing. Something felt familiar about it...hadn't Aldric done the same thing to me weeks ago?

      As the students whined from all around us, my eyes glued their vision on Hades. He was grinning while looking at the distressed teenagers.
It looked so...sinister.