37) Hades VS Laziem

*****HADES*****

My fingers were starting to go numb.

   By now, Kira was hardly moving even the slightest. She just sat on the other side, her hands clutching onto my arm for any warmth I could offer.
Her brows were turning white, and her skin was paling out.

  This was too cruel of a punishment for a mere fairy.

    "Been a while, dear friend." A familiar voice filled the space in my head before a figure made an appearance in my cell bathing in golden light.

When it faded, Laziem stood there, his bare feet an inch off the floor. My jaw clenched at the sight of the bastard. They may all worship him, but in my story, he was a bloody tyrant who was constantly trying to oppress the underworld.

    I had initially planned on dragging the act, but after the Watchers' warning, I decided to go back to who I was. Mel's business didn't involve me, hence no need to interfere in her life any longer.

She'd be safe here in this realm...for the time being.

       Laziem came closer, moving effortlessly in the air. His eyes darted to my side Kira, and something flashed through his face. "What has the little oracle told you?"

His question piqued my interest.

  "What was she to say to me?"

Laziem sighed, dismissing my inquiry.

   "You've done a great job hiding in the mortal realm."

I shrugged with a proud snort. "Not my fault your cabinet is full of incompetent beings."

     "I hear you've been having fun with the Kae."

My chest shrunk for no reason, surprising me. "Whatever do you mean?"

  "Oh?" Laziem's brow raised. "She attacked Aurora just for you." He stretched out his right hand and casually examined his fingers. "There has to be something going on-" his purple eyes threw their weight on me suddenly, "-between you two."

I chuckled, keeping my cool, and my warmth.

    "Why would I waste my time chasing the little ignorant brat? She's too innocent. Too gullible." I admitted truthfully.

As usual, Laziem's expression remained flat. Millennials of existence had altered his mind, rarely reacting to anything unless it's...new.

"Then you don't mind leaving her here eh?"

"Not the least."

  He turned around, offering me his back to see the purple halo floating there. It signified his status as the Supreme deity. But damn him. And damn everyone in the heavens.

    "She'll make a fine specimen."

My breathing halted for some seconds.
   "What do you mean?"

"Nothing concerning you dear Hades," Laziem answered turning to face me again. I could feel the evil smirk from afar, sending warning sirens in my chest.
It was a feeling that was new to me and was hard to understand.

    "You don't need to threaten me with her."

Laziem gave a lazy sigh as he floated around the cell. "We can make a deal."

   "What deal?" I heard myself asking anxiously.

The male stopped midway and faced me. The halo was gone, clearing the hostile air he had created.

    "I need you back in the underworld. Quell the rebellion there, and I'll give you an apprentice."

  I snorted, amused at how fast he was about to toss Mel into the underworld just for his benefit.

"She's powerful. She'll aid you with the miasma problem you've been experiencing. In the end, it's your world that will benefit."

  "My world?" I huffed freeing myself from Kira's hold.
Slowly, my body pulled itself to a standing position, just as Laziem was getting closer.

   My knees were stiff from hours of enduring the cold. Making standing for long a burden. "That is Hesphone's responsibility to fulfill. Why should I sacrifice my soul for a realm nobody even cares about?"

His warmer breaths caressed the hairs on my face as he brought his mouth to my left ear. "You're hell's emperor," Laziem whispered deathly.

--------------------------------

        ****MELANIE****

After the bath, the girls led me to a bedroom on the next floor, dressed in nothing but a sheer green shirt.

   Exploring on my bare feet, I studied the room.
At the center was a large round bed that seemed to be floating in the air. Wow! What did I expect?

Other than the bed, the large room had no other furniture. But at least the ruby floor looked amazing.

    My attention was grabbed by the large windows directly opposite the door. They were almost calling out to me. A call I answered open-heartedly.

When I took in the magnificent sight from outside, I pressed a hand on my chest, savoring the beauty of being so close to the clouds. He would have liked this view. I thought about Hades.

   How was he fairing?
Were they torturing him?

I'd have to ask Laziem to allow me to visit Hades just to be appeased. This was all my fault after all. And I was responsible for him as his creator.