20) A wild introduction

"What are we doing here?" I asked upon laying my eyes on the opening before me. Axle didn't answer, he just pushed me forward.
He had driven me deeper in the woods, giving me the scares.

What was even weird was the appearance of the clearing. It was supposed to have some overgrown grass but it looked like it had been mowed a few hours early.

When we walked further on it, I noticed the huge maroon bag sitting under a tree.

My heart froze for a second.
Had he killed someone and had brought me there to help him bury a body?

"What is that?" My fear was evident in my tone without a doubt.

Axle halted and gazed to the direction I was pointing. He chuckled lightly and turned to me while raking a hand through his short hair. "What do you think?"

I didn't answer. Didn't want to sound stupid or scared.

Just then, the other three showed up at the same time. And I noticed a pattern in the clothes we all wore, seemed like we were here for some sport activities in these tracksuits we had on.

"Why didn't you just teleport me here?" I posed the question at Axle.

He shrugged. "Don't think you're ready for that, yet."

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. Orm, get the bag." Loki instructed stretching his arms backwards.

Dear heavens, what in the world were they about to teach me today?

Orm teleported himself to the bag, picked it up and casually walked back to us.
He dropped it at the middle of the circle we stood.

Axle, without any instructions, unzipped it and pulled out what looked like a hand-sized white ball.
He threw it up in the air and caught it on his open palm a few times, all while gazing at me in a challenging mode.

He then thrust the ball at the nearest tree with such force that it ripped right through it, leaving a perfect round hole behind.
I jerked to the sharp explosion noise from that impact.

Loki huffed, as if humored.

"Today our dear little sister, we're teaching you about the divine strength running through our bones." Loki announced.

The ball shot back straight at Axle's hand as if it had been summoned via a strong magnetic field. He took a tiny step back when receiving the ball, terrifying me about its actual weight.

"Here." Axle offered the white ball with a mocking grin glued on his lips.

I took on the challenge and dared to open my palms to receive it. But the second he placed it on my hands, I toppled forward from its unbearable weight. I was saved when Castor pressed a finger on my forehead and pushing me back to a standing position.

The ball automatically rolled off my hands, and I heaved a silent sigh.

How the hell had Axle made it look so easy handling that cursed ball?
It felt like I had just held two hundred pounds and submitted to them without a doubt.

Orm picked it up, also seeming like it weighed nothing. Damn! Was I a deity after that poor show of power?

"It's always hard the first time." He encouraged and offered the ball back.

I was hesitant, stared at it. Cursing it for making me look like a weakling. I dared it to grow some 'balls' and fight me(as if).
But half a minute of glaring at it, a tiny purple globe attached itself on the ball and...boom!
I shut my eyes instantly before its debris could shoot out in all directions at super speed.