13) Naked

It must have been noon or so. The sun was mercilessly pushing its heat down on Melanie's small figure as she took a walk along the highway. She wondered, had her 'brothers' been searching for her in the past twenty-three hours?

  As she continued enjoying the sun's violent heat, Heni appeared in front of her, almost giving Melanie a good scare.

"Sorry... Where are you going?"

   Melanie shrugged and gazed up at the bright ball of pure heat. "Talking a stroll."

As she frowned at how hot the day was, dark clouds started forming out of nowhere. They condensed so much that the entire sky grew dark in a matter of seconds.

This only made Melanie more perplexed as to how the weather had shifted so quickly.

    Her eyes were drawn to Heni's frame as she appeared to be emitting a white glow of energy around her body.
"Do the clouds displease you?"

   Melanie shook her head hastily. Still afraid of Heni's abilities after she witnessed her stab a human-like demon with nothing but her bare hand.

  While the clouds did help ease the heat scorching her skin, it was bound to attract the curious weathermen. And still, Melanie had no way of asking Heni to undo whatever she had done to the weather.

    It was still an unfathomable reality to her that other intelligent species or creatures besides humans, actually existed.

She was trying hard to accept that it wasn't her insanity kicking in, rather, her mind was opening up to another type of reality that had been hidden from the normal eyes.

   As she was lost in thoughts, Hades, in a purple robe, appeared behind her. He immediately noticed the dark sky while identifying the spirit around Melanie.

Heni's focus was grabbed by the tall lean frame standing behind her new friend. She felt the immense power in his aura which was mixed thickly with miasma. It was this same scent she had picked up in Melanie's room.

    When she wanted to react with a force of violence, Hades invisible tendrils reached out and into Heni's thoughts with sheer brutality. "Don't you dare say a thing."
His words caused unbearable pain in her body, weakening her to a point where the clouds vanished and she doubled over in anguish.

    Taken aback by Heni's strange reaction, Melanie backed away scared. Only four small steps and she was blocked by a wall that hadn't been there according to her memory.

She whipped around gasping.

   But the fear dissipated when her eyes landed on Hades whom she still thought wasn't the real Aldric.

"It's you." She sighed relieved.

  Hades bent a little, feeling amused at how anytime he wanted to level their faces, he had to bend over. But he liked experiencing something new.

    "Expecting someone else?" He asked with a tiny smirk.

Melanie pinched his cheek, sending waves of shock through Heni. How could this human deity be so casual with the king of the underworld? The lord of demons and darkness.
As powerful as Heni was, she felt horrified coming face to face with Hades. And this was odd being that Heni naturally had no emotions of her own.

       "Which part of my brain did you get lost in?"

   "Where you curse your history teacher," Hades replied, hoping to tease the truth from her.

Upon straightening, his eyes traveled to the female standing still, prompting Melanie to introduce them. "This is Heni. Heni, this is Hades, a version of my twisted mind who looks like my teacher."