15) Divine messenger

******MELANIE****

The window was already repaired perfectly as if nothing had happened. I'd have to get the person's phone number for future jobs if they fixed that window so neatly.

Focus.

I sucked in an intense breath, readying myself to face the worst(a lot of scolding), then walked up to the front door.

When I touched the door, I felt a surge of energy in it, something I had never felt before. It made my body vibrate from the inside.

And just as I was about to knock, the wooden frame swung inwards, revealing a fuming Castor. His black eyes were filled with such thick anger that my pair hurt just by looking at them.

An air of panic engulfed me from all sides, making me feel vulnerable and afraid.

"You!" He breathed harshly, before grabbing me by the arm and pulling me inside.

"Castor I can-" Words abandoned me when my eyes fell on the other three in the company of a brunette female.
They all looked towards my direction and I froze, before trying to back away. But Castor's frame behind me made sure I wasn't escaping any time soon.

"Mel?" Loki called with an air of relief as he got up.
He walked over to us, "Where the hell have you been?"

I could only stare up at him.
How was I to explain that I was, apparently, some deity or whatever Heni told me?
Would they think I was crazy?

"You...argh! Come here." Loki pulled me in a firm yet gentle embrace. There was care, warmth, and concern in it, which was more than enough to make my eyes tear up.

"I'll protect you all," I whispered in tears.

Loki backed away to my words.

"What do you mean?"

I looked at him, then at the others seated.
"She said bad creatures are making their way in the city," I declared still in tears.
At this point, I didn't care if they believed me or not, I was determined not to keep any secrets from them as I had before.

From behind me, Castor's hands cupped my shoulders and pulled me back to stand against him in a protective posture.

"Don't worry about that Mel. We...we have something to discuss with you," Loki stated and gazed back at the rest.

I could only frown. Did they perhaps know of the inevitable danger?

"Hi, Mel," the female finally spoke up. Her face was painted with a smile. "Why don't you come and sit down?"

In confusion, my head angled to the side to search for answers from Castor. Was she, perhaps, Orm's girlfriend? She was sitting pretty close to him.

Castor only gave my shoulders a delicate squeeze and then led me in and urged me to sit.

Once we were all seated, the female stood.
Her eyes were trained solely on me, which was a little unnerving.

"You must be scared, surprised, and confused darling," she cooed walking towards my direction. Her words felt soft and pleasing to the ears, but the effect lasted like a second, leaving me with such a strong taste of cringe.

"My name is Blossom, a divine messenger... I know you must be asking yourself what that means, well let me explain dear." She smiled and caressed my chin.

I wanted to throw a kick at her, but Castor's hand on mine signaled me to control myself.

The female moved on to stand in front of Castor. She then caressed his jaw. An action that sent waves of anger through me.
Who the fuck was she going around touching us?

"In this world, there are so many creatures in it. You are only familiar with humans as you've been one for seventeen years. However," Blossom paused to gaze at me with a light spark in her blue eyes. "There's more than meets the eye, my dear. For example, these people who raised you. What do you know about them?"

My brows furrowed.

"What kind of question is that?" I retorted.

Blossom giggled in the most old-fashioned and delicate manner I'd ever heard.

She didn't stop at Castor, no, she walked across the space between the sofas and stood behind Axle.
My eyes met Axle's, and I detected something odd about the way he looked at me.

"These-" Blossom spoke referring to my brothers, "-are four of the Thirteen deities in all the realms."

My body muscles tightened.
Had, had I heard it correctly?

After all the emotions I had felt over how I would protect them from any danger. Now, now I was finding out that these four weren't even humans to begin with.

I quickly retreated my hand from Castor's, and my bulged eyes bounced from one 'brother' to the other.
They all wore the same face, which bled with guilt, sorriness, and traces of regret.

What was hard to believe? That my four brothers were actually gods, or the other fact that I had somehow become, powerful?

"Oh don't put on that mad face dear. We also know that you've ascended into godhood. Which-" she spoke with a wide grin, "-is why I'm here today. I've been here for a day." Blossom breathed, adding an eye-roll to give her words some density.

My lips parted, yet, no sound came out.

I wanted to ask how I had achieved that, but my body was processing a lot of information at the moment.

Blossom placed her hands on Axle's shoulders, then laid her chin on his head while those blue eyes challenged me.
I felt a sense of entitlement to them. Nobody else was supposed to touch them like she was doing, unless, of course, it was their girlfriends(who were nonexistent).

"So, are you up-to-date on all the deity business?"

To answer her, I pushed myself off the sofa and glared at the female. "I don't like you."

Blossom broke into a maniacal laugh.
"Nobody cares about what you like darling."

I was almost shattered by her words, when all of a sudden, all four of them shot up on their feet. I had no idea how one second they were seated, and the next, they were on their feet. I guess being a deity comes with special gravity passes eh?

Castor pulled me to stand beside him, hip to hip. His hand held my waist possessively before he uttered, "We care."

Oh gawd!

I could already feel the atmosphere shift from the glares being arrowed at Blossom.
And for the first time, I experienced the thrill of having them as my brothers. The seriousness on their faces was more scary than any closet monsters I had imagined in my head.

Their disturbing auras wiped the smirk from Blossom's face.

She raised her hands in mock surrender. "My apologies. My apologies. Clearly living with her had impacted your-"

Loki vanished and appeared in front of the female. His eyes seemed to burn a golden flame. "You're just a messenger." He hissed.

****Part 16 coming before midnight❤️❤️***