29) Melanie VS the Supreme god

******MELANIE*****

I stood in front of my full-length mirror and observed my naked frame. There seemed to have been a few changes in the past two months. Half of my hair had turned completely white, and there were these strange markings, like runes, that were appearing on my tummy.

They looked just like the ones on Hades, only different shapes.

I had yet to tell Castor and the others about them. Something felt odd.
Like the previous night, I had a strange dream. In it, I was flying over this beautiful land that had strange plants. The sun shone golden and made the waters shimmer like a million diamonds had been poured into the bodies.

The vegetation had all sorts of colors, the trees looked alive.

As I flew, I could spot many valuable stones embedded in the proud high mountains, all that and no bloodshed in sight.

My vision changed from that beautiful paradise instantly to a dying land with this dense purple-black fog that seemed to cover almost everything. Then the next second, I was standing before a humongous tree that looked like it had purple lava flowing under its bark.

I could feel its gently pull towards itself.
And so I gave in and reached out to touch it when a flaming golden sword plunged between myself and the tree.

"Who dares?" A deep manly echo rang out from above, giving me a scare.
I took two steps backwards and gazed up, but the fog was too thick to see through it.

"Who's there?"

"Oh! You even dare to talk back little demon?"

"Demon?" I murmured to myself then replied to the voice aloud, "I'm not a demon!"

"If you're not, touch the sword before you."

My eyes fell on the sword consumed by the golden flames. It looked so glorious and mighty.
My hesitation came due to the fear of being burnt. But I had to prove to whoever was speaking that I wasn't a demon. Demons were bad beings.

"You don't dare?" It asked.

"I'm not-" I wound my hand on the hilt, "-a demon." My hiss was accompanied by some painful stab pains on my palm but I grasped it firmly and pulled it out of the ground with all my strength.

"Who are you?" It asked, sounding more edgy and shocked.

I pointed the sword towards the sky and yelled, "I, am, Melanie!"

The dream felt both real and unreal.

But what puzzled me greatly, was the strange sensation I had when flying in that place. I felt a sense of longing. It had been so beautiful before the fog consumed and killed the land and its vegetation.

********3rd POV*******

HEAVENLY REALM;

The Supreme god, Laziem, stood before the Yang tree with a troubled expression. He had sensed a strange presence in the underworld but couldn't manage to get in due to the barrier the Great Dark god placed to keep him out.

The person felt stronger than any other deity he had sensed, and that scared him.

He placed a hand on the golden glowing tree and his eyes also glowed the same color.
Through his third eye, he could see a cocoon inside the Yang tree that was pulsing purple and instantly sighed. His prisoner was still in there. Nothing was off. But, who was this intruder that could leisurely project herself into the underworld and still have the strength to touch his sword?

She had said her name was, Melanie.

"Gavren?" Laziem called and a female appeared immediately.

"Supreme Ruler." She bowed.