Chapter Nineteen - Hunter & Prey

As Sasuke and Team RWBY were trapped under the stranger's illusions, Sasuke barely able to move. He glanced over to Team RWBY to see them completely paralyzed in fear. 

Sasuke: (Damn it...they have it worse than I do....)

Sasuke glanced back to the stranger who began to slowly approach them. Sasuke found himself terrified as the stranger got closer and closer. 

Sasuke: (We....we've got to get out of here! If I can just....move....)

Stranger: You're paralyzed with fear.

Sasuke then slowly gets up, but still found himself struggling to move. Sasuke uses all the strength he has to grab a Kunai. The stranger chuckles as he readies five Kunai. 

Stranger: I'll make this quick, but I suppose you know that already. You've seen it with your own eyes. 

As the stranger got closer and closer, Sasuke realized that he needed to act fast if he and Team RWBY were going to survive. In desperate effort to free himself from the stranger's power, Sasuke stabbed himself in the leg with the Kunai. The pain from the self inflicted wound broke Sasuke from the stranger's power. He then moved Team RWBY out of the way just as the stranger threw the Kunai out at them. 

Stranger: Fascinating.

As Sasuke took Team RWBY and hid behind a tree. It wasn't long before they broke free from Stranger's illusions. They were all in shock by what they had seen. 

Yang: What...what the hell was that?! 

Weiss: I've never felt so much...blood lust. 

Blake: Whoever that man is....he...he isn't Human....

Ruby took several deep breaths as she saw Sasuke's wound. 

Ruby: Sasuke! Are you....

Without warning, Sasuke puts his hand over Ruby's mouth to keep her quiet. Ruby was shocked to see Sasuke so scared. She looked behind her so see a giant snake moving to attack. She frantically pointed to the snake, the rest of Team RWBY turned around to see the snake preparing to attack them. 

Weiss: SASUKE!

Sasuke turned around to see the snake hissing at them. Sasuke and Team RWBY jumped out of the way just as the snake lunged at them. The snake then lunged at Sasuke. 

Sasuke: N..no....NO! STAY AWAY!

Sasuke then unleashed a powerful Chidori on the snake, killing it. But as the giant snake died, the stranger emerged from the body of the snake. 

Stranger: I sense your fear and desperation. It's only natural. The prey must never let down their guard, not even for a moment in the presence of their predator!

The stranger lets out a sinister laugh as Sasuke readied his sword and activated his Sharingan. Sasuke. But as Sasuke stared down the stranger, his hands began to tremble. At this point, Team RWBY formed around Sasuke. 

Ruby: Why...why are you doing this?!

Weiss: What kind of sick and twisted game are you playing?! 

Stranger: Does it matter? Heh. 

Sasuke: (Damn it! They...they don't know what they're dealing with! What do I do?)

As Sasuke looked over his options, he quickly realized that the stranger was unlike anything they have ever faced before. As Sasuke attempts to formulate a plan, the stranger chuckles. 

Stranger: Let's see what old Ozpin has taught you!

The stranger then slithers at lightning speed towards them. Sasuke and Team RWBY were barely able to dodge the stranger's attack. The stranger then lunges at Saskue. Sasuke swings his sword at the stranger, forcing him to fall back. 

Sasuke: What the hell are you doing, Ruby?! You're going to get us all killed!

Ruby: We...we have to stop him! What's wrong with you?!

Stranger: I'd listen to your friend, little one. You're out of your depths.

Ruby turned to face Sasuke, shocked to see him this way. She had never seen this kind of fear in Sasuke. Ruby tightly gripped Crescent Rose. Despite this, Ruby used her Petal Burst to dash at the stranger.

Sasuke: RUBY! What the hell are you doing?!

Stranger: You're an interesting one, aren't you?

Ruby materializes and swings Crescent Rose at the stranger, but stranger grabs the scythe and locks eyes with Ruby. 

Stranger: My my. It's been a long time since I've seen Silver Eyes. 

Ruby: LET'S GO, TEAM RWBY!

As Ruby said this, the rest of Team RWBY launch a coordinated attack on the stranger. However, they were quickly taken down by the stranger. As Team RWBY were taken down, Sasuke found himself alone with the stranger. 

Sasuke: D....damn it!

Stranger: You're all alone, Sasuke. What are you going to do now? Are you going to fight me and face death? Or are you going to run away and leave your friends to die? 

As the stranger said this, Sasuke paused. Time froze as Sasuke found himself not knowing what to do. Suddenly, the words Itachi said to him on the day he murdered the Uchiha. 

Itachi(Past): Foolish little brother, if you wish to kill me in hate and revenge, survive in an unsightly way as this, then flee. Cling to your wretched life. And then one day, when you possess the same eyes, come back and face me....

As those words echoed in Sasuke's mind. He looked at Team RWBY who were defenseless. If he ran, Team RWBY would surely die at the hands of the stranger. In that moment, Sasuke took a deep breath and steadied his sword.

Sasuke: N...no! I won't let any more of my comrades die! 

In that moment, Sasuke readied his sword for the battle ahead. Despite whatever fears he had, Sasuke would not back down. He would not allow any of his friends to die. For better or worse, he would stand his ground and battle against the stranger. But what Sasuke didn't know was that the stranger was playing a much more dangerous game.