Chapter Twenty Seven - Breech

As Grimm began pouring into the city of Vale, Sasuke and Team RWBY rush into battle. As they fight the seemingly endless hordes of Grimm, they eventually make their way to the middle of the pavilion where they are surrounded by Beowolves, Ursai, and a massive King Taijitu. The King Taijitu unleashes a mighty roar, signaling the Grimm to attack. Sasuke began cutting down the Grimm with his sword. Ruby plants Crescent Rose on the ground before kicking away the Grimm, Yang propels herself upwards, performing aerial bombardments with Ember Celica on the Grimm before three Giant Nevermores send her crashing to the ground. Blake slashes a Beowolf with Gambol Shroud before firing on the other approaching Grimm. Weiss slashes three Beowolves, before summoning a glyph to conjure up an ice blade. Yang, back on the ground, sends several cars flying towards the Grimm. As Ruby finishes slashing at a Grimm, she notices the King Taijitu ready for the attack, until she also sees Nora flying on Magnhild towards the King Taijitu, slamming it on the head and killing the beast.

Nora: Nora Smash!

It wasn't long before the rest of Team JNPR arrive to aid Sasuke and Team RWBY. As more Grimm continued to flood into the city, Sasuke unleashes a powerful Chidori on a Beowolf that was about to attack Ruby. 

Sasuke: Watch your back, Ruby!

Ruby: G...got it! 

Sasuke continued fighting through the hordes of Grimm that poured into the city. As he fought them, Sasuke could feel the Curse Mark amplifying his power. While the seal Ozpin placed on him kept the Curse Mark at bay, it still fed him a taste of it's power. The power that the Curse Mark had given him was intoxicating. Soon enough, Atlas airships arrive and deploy multiple squadrons of Atlesian Knight-200s. In that moment, the fight became even. As the fight dragged on, more and more Atlas Droids were deployed to combat the Grimm. At the same time, various Beacon Teams along with the Beacon Staff arrived to help repel the Grimm invasion. During all this, Sasuke spot Roman Torchwick making a run for it.

Sasuke: I see Torchwick! I'm going after him!

With that, Sasuke begins chasing after Roman through the city while fighting through the Grimm. As the chase dragged on, Sasuke had to cut down several Grimm that attempted to attack him. Soon enough, Sasuke corners Roman near the pavilion.

Sasuke: Stop right there!

Roman: Oh, I can't believe that you caught me, you've really taught me the error of my ways.

Sasuke: You're not fooling me. 

Roman:  Nothing gets past you, doesn't it? I can assure you that my dealing with those White Fang animals hasn't dulled my sense of class.

Sasuke: You're trying my patience, Torchwick. 

Roman: No sense of humor. Just like your older brother. It's actually quite adorable that a snot nosed punk like you could stop me. 

Roman then pulls out his cane and strikes at Sasuke, knocking his sword out of his hands. Sasuke was able to block and parry most of Roman's attacks with ease. Sasuke then overpowers Roman and puts him in an arm lock. It was in that moment that the Curse Mark once more took hold of Sasuke. 

Sasuke: You seem very proud of your arms. You must be very....attached to them.

Roman: W...wait! I'm sure we can talk this over.

Sasuke: I don't think so. 

With a smile, Sasuke dislocates both of Roman's arms. Roman screams in pain as he writhes on the ground. It wasn't long before Team RWBY along with Emerald and Mercury arrived with a squadron of Atlesian Knight-200s. They helped take Roman into custody. Team RWBY were horrified to see the condition Roman was in. Emerald and Mercury were deeply unsettled by this. 

Ruby: S...Sasuke?

As Ruby called out his name, Sasuke came back to his senses. He look at Roman, quickly realizing what he had done. He looked to him own hands, shocked and ashamed at what he did. In his mind, Sasuke's cold and ruthless actions reminded him of Itachi. And that deeply disturbed him. Sasuke then joins Team RWBY on the edge of Beacon's landing platform, overlooking the City of Vale from across the lake.

Yang: Well, we did it.

Blake: We did it.

Weiss: If we don't get extra credit for that, I'm gonna be seriously disappointed.

Yang: Weiss, a two-headed snake literally crushed a bakery. I wouldn't count on it.

Ruby: Plus, I mean, we didn't solve everything. A lot of people were hurt, and we still don't even know why they did this, or who that mystery girl was.

Weiss: Well, not every story has a neat and tidy ending.

As Weiss said this, Ruby turned to Sasuke, who hasn't said a word since Roman was taken into custody. 

Ruby: Sasuke? Are you...okay? 

Sasuke said nothing as he pondered his own actions. While the power the Curse Mark had given him throughout the battle was extremely useful, his ruthless applications to those powers disturbed him. Ozpin's warnings soon echoed in his head. 

Ozpin(Past): As long as you don't use the Curse Mark, the seal will keep the Curse Mark dormant. But no matter what happens, do NOT use the Curse Mark. Whatever promises it may yield, it is not worth being Orochimaru's slave.

As those words echoed in his head, Sasuke came to the conclusion that the power the Curse Mark had given him would be useful in his future battle against Itachi. But for now, he kept that opinion to himself.

Yang: Are you sure? You seemed....different back there. 

Sasuke: The Curse Mark attempted to take hold of me, but Ozpin's seal kept it at bay. 

Blake: We might not have all the answers, but we do have a lot of dangerous people behind bars. And I think that's something we could be proud of.

Ruby: Yeah! And if anyone tries something like this again, we'll be there to stop them.

Yang: Yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job... So, what now?

Weiss: I suggest training for the tournament, but I guess we have that covered at this point.

Blake: So then...

Ruby: Uhh... Time for bed?

Yang: Please.

Blake: Absolutely.

Sasuke: I say we all earned some rest. 

Weiss: Yes.

Yang: I'm going to sleep forever.

With that, Sasuke and Team RWBY left the area, satisfied with their actions today. Meanwhile, Cinder Fall meets with Itachi Uchiha, Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black on a rooftop in the middle of the night.

Cinder: All in all, I call today a success.

Emerald: Those stupid kids really made a mess of things. Plus that Sasuke kid....Orochimaru really did put the Curse Mark on him.

Cinder: I trust that won't be an issue, won't it, Itachi?

Itachi: We'll deal with it when the time comes. 

Mercury: Yeah. A lot of Faunus didn't make it out the tunnels. You still think the White Fang's gonna listen to us?

???: No, but they'll listen to me.

As the voice calls out to them, Adam Taurus makes himself known. In that moment, Cinder smiled as she continued moving forward with her plans.