Two in One

I had told Kaitlyn to meet me down the street and we'll just sit in her car and talk through it all. I haven't told her that Sam is proposing too. Felt like it'd be a cute surprise to her. "When are you thinking of doing it?" I ask, rolling the window down a bit and lighting the smoke in my mouth. "This Saturday, actually. I got us this hotel room in the city. It's like 68 floors up and has the best view at sunset. I was thinking that maybe we could tell her that all of us are going out that night and decided to book a room so we can all get drunk and not worry about the long drive home." Kaitlyn says, taking the smoke from me, taking a drag. "That's a good idea but you know Sam, she's gonna ask a lot of questions" I tell her knowingly "Remember when we were 17 and wanted to go to a party? We had to make up lies for at least 2 hours before she agreed" I say, laughing lightly.

"Honestly, I've been wanting to ask Tara aswell but nows not the right time. We're still a little rocky and I don't wanna do it now incase she thinks it's just some fail safe, you know?" I admit, taking a couple drags of the cigarette. "I get you. You'll know when the time is right. Just trust the process" Kaitlyn says, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Thankyou. Anyways, what do you need me to do to help this run smoothly? Have you got the ring yet?" I ask, excited for my best friend. "Not yet, I was thinking we could go out tomorrow and get it? Saturday is in 3 days" she admits anxiously.

We make the plan to go out tomorrow before saying goodbye to each other. When I get back home Sam is just leaving. "Hey congrats again. I'm so happy for you guys, it's gonna be killer" i say, hugging her tightly. She says her thanks before getting in the car and driving home. I look back towards the house and see Tara leaning in the doorway with the dogs by her feet.

"You ready for bed, my love?" She asks, yawning. I nod my head chuckling walking with her into our house. We get ready, doing our nightly routines before hopping into bed and turning out the lights. The dogs curled up at the end of the bed, Tara with her head on my chest. "I love you, baby" I whisper, kissing her head tenderly. "I love you too" she mutters into my chest, barely staying awake.

Kaitlyn and I are out at the mall looking for a ring right now. Tara wanted to come but Sam called last minute with the same thought of getting a ring. So here we are in some jewellery store looking at engagement rings for the past hour, going back and forth trying to figure out which one Sam would like. Kaitlyn points to a ring "what about that one? I think she'd love that"

 Kaitlyn points to a ring "what about that one? I think she'd love that"

(The ring)

"Yeah I think that's the one" I say smiling. "What one?" I hear behind me. Kaitlyn and I both turn around quickly to find Sam looking at us both expectantly. "Um- for- Y/n you tell her" Kaitlyn stutters out, unable to think of a lie. "I wanna ask Tara to Marry me so we're looking at rings so I don't buy one last minute" i say smiling, trying to sell the lie that isn't really a lie. "Where is she by the way? I thought she was out with you?" I ask, confused. Sam comes over and hugs me tightly, smiling bright. "That's so cute, Which one were you looking at? Also she's in some other store right now" She explains, coming closer to the display. I point out the one we were just looking at. "That's beautiful but Tara likes the oval shape more. Anyways I gotta go do some stuff. I won't tell Tara what you said. See you guys". We say our byes before Kaitlyn punches my shoulder. "Why are you punching me? I saved you from your horrible attempt at a lie" I say, eyebrows furrowed rubbing where she punched.

While Kaitlyn is getting the ring sorted, I look around the shop some more until I see the perfect ring. "May as well get it now so I'm prepared" I mumble to myself.

We get our rings before leaving the shop. "You wanna just go shopping now?" Kaitlyn asks, smiling bright knowing I'm not the biggest fan of shopping. I reluctantly agree before she drags me off to some clothing store which I won't lie, had some good stuff.
We end up shopping for a few hours, much to my dismay. Kaitlyn and I are now on our way home, talking about how she's gotta go home and tell Sam the 'plan' for Saturday. "Are you excited?" I ask. "I'm definitely excited but more so nervous, you know?" She says, running an anxious hand through her hair.
"Don't be nervous, There's no shot she's gonna say no" I admit, putting my hand on her shoulder lovingly.

Kaitlyn drops me off, saying our goodbyes before she leaves to head home herself. I hide the engagement ring in my pocket so Tara doesn't see it as I walk into the house. I barely get through the door when I'm pulled inside "you're finally home! I missed you" I hear Tara mumble into my chest. "I was gone for 5 hours. But I missed you too, baby" I mumble, kissing her head. She pulls away and realises all the bags in my hands. "What's all this?" She asks smiling. "Kaitlyn wanted to go shopping after she got the ring and I ended up get some things for us. I hope you like what I got you." I say smiling lightly, a bit tired from the day. We walk into the lounge room and I show her everything that I bought. "Thankyou for everything. I love it all. I will be stealing some of your shirts" she admits, wrapping her arms around my neck, kissing me deeply. "I don't expect any less from you" I admit laughing kissing her back before getting up so I can go hide the ring somewhere.