Plans

It's Saturday and I've been helping Kaitlyn set up the apartment for Sam. Mindy and Anika ended up helping us too. 'Everyone else is coming later' or at least that's what we told Sam. "Are you ready?" I ask Kaitlyn while she puts on her makeup. "As ready as I can be. When's she get here?" She asks, looking at me through the mirror. "In 20 minutes. But remember, we're going out for some bottomless drinks first. Liquid courage if you will" I smile leaving the bathroom so she can get ready.

I'm already changed and waiting in the lounge room for the girls to get ready and for the Carpenters to tell me they're here. I'm scrolling through TikTok until I see that Tara is calling

Y/n
Tara

"Hey pretty lady. What's up?"
"Hey baby, we're here"
"Okay, we'll be down in a minute"
"I love you"
"I love you too. Bye"

"Are you guys ready? They're in the lobby waiting" I yell out. I hear 3 lots of footsteps come out "we're ready" they say in unison. "Let's go lesbians" i say laughing as we all walk out of the apartment going to the elevator. Once we get down to the lobby I realise that Sam and Tara had brought their clothes for tomorrow. "I'll take them back up. You guys just relax down here" i say calmly taking their bags from them. "You wanna come?" I ask Tara, holding my arm out for her.

We get back in the elevator and I am able to look at her properly. "Wow, you look stunning, my love" I admit, looking at her in awe with a small smile on my face. "Thankyou baby. I love your outfit, you look hot" she admits, pecking my lips sweetly.

We make it back down to the lobby and everyone is waiting for us since the Uber has arrived. We all hop in and make our way to the venue. Talking shit with each other. When are arrive at the venue we tell them our reservation and go sit down at a table waiting and talking. I couldn't help but look at Tara every so often, getting so caught up in her that everything around me fades away. Without knowing Sam took a photo of me and sent it to Tara. She looks at her phone and sees the photo smiling shyly leaning her head on my shoulder, snapping me out of my trance. I clear my throat, kissing her head tenderly before grabbing my drink and downing it.

After the drinks it's time to head back to the apartment 'for a bit before we go out to dinner'. We all walk in, the place set up with rose petal scattered on the floor, photos of Sam and Kaitlyn hung up around the place and candles lit. Sam follows the roses towards the bedroom nervously. Kaitlyn following behind. She looks back anxiously while I give her a smile and thumbs up mouthing "you got this". She smiles lightly nodding her head before turning back around. Everyone grabs their bags and heads out. Giving Kaitlyn and Sam some privacy. "Do I need to drop anyone home?" I ask when we get in the elevator. Mindy smiling sheepishly playing with her fingers "yeahhhh" she said, drawing out the 'h'. I sigh shaking my head "come on, let's go" I say once the elevator dings and the door opens.

After dropping Mindy and Anika off, Tara and I are on our way home. "I wonder how's it's gone" I admit, tapping my fingers on the wheel as I steer. "It's been a long time coming though, I remember Kaitlyn having the fattest crush on Sam as soon as she met her." Tara revealed laughing, me joining her. "I'm glad they found each other. They're meant to be" I say smiling brightly. "Yeah they do" Tara whispered with a small smile. "Hey, can you pass me my phone, please? I need to make a call" I tell her, putting my hand out for my phone. When she hands it to me I unlock it and call my boss from the warehouse.

Y/n
Boss

"Hey Y/n what's going on?"
"Hey man, not much. Just got done helping my friend plan their engagement"
"That's good, I hope all went well"
"Yeah of course. Anyways I gotta tell you something"
"You finally put a ring on your missus finger too?"
"Hahaha not yet but I'm just letting you know that I'm gonna take the next couple of weeks off."
"Hey too easy, yeah? I'll put that in with HR. Do I get a reason though?"
"Just gonna spend time with the missus. Anyways. I gotta go. I'll text you later for the dates and everything"
"Alright, man. See you"

I hang up the phone and put it in the cup holder. "You're taking time off work? Why?" Tara asks, confused. "To spend time with you, like I said." I admitted, looking at her before focusing on the road again. "I know we haven't really spent time together for a while now and I know it's affecting us both. I've been thinking of not working as much. Slowing down on the warehouse, maybe only working 2-3 days a week and then the club too." I admit, grabbing her hand, kissing it tenderly. "If you wanna slow down on working at the warehouse, do it. It's your decision, baby. I love you no matter if we spend heaps of time together or not" Tara says lovingly, kissing the back of my hand too. I smile gently as we pull into the driveway. "Let's go relax inside, yeah?" I say, turning the car off, getting out and opening her door for her.

We get inside getting changed into comfy clothes before chilling in the lounge room together. She puts the tv on to continue watching her show and I go into the kitchen and grab us both an alcoholic drink. I place them down on the coffee table in front of us and grab my laptop, opening it up and immediately going to look at flights. While I'm looking at everything, Tara gets up to go bring the dogs inside. I wanna surprise her with a little holiday. I book us flights to New Caledonia and get us one of those huts on the water. It's summer for them right now so that's perfect.

As I'm done buying everything she comes up behind me on the couch and wraps her arms around my neck. "What are you doing?" She asks, laying her head on mine. "You and I are going on a little vacation for the next 2 weeks." I say smiling, showing her the tickets.
"When do we leave?" She asks, shocked. "We leave in 2 days. We'll start packing tomorrow" i say, leaning my head back to kiss her.