The carnival part 2

Bryan and I walked around looking for something sweet to snack on. We saw a Carmel popcorn stand, eh, not in the mood. We saw a cupcake stand, eh, too sweet. We saw a girls scout cookie stand, eh, too expensive. I looked and looked until we saw a stand that just said 'CANDY'. Bryan and I nodded and walked up close to the stand.
A cheery girl was at the stand.
"Hi! I'm Ainsley. What do you want?"
Bryan and I exchanged a quick look. We had NO idea.
"Umm, the candy apples are good." She suggested.
I nodded. "That sounds good. Two of those, please." After disappearing in the booth for a couple seconds, she came back with two huge caramel covered apples.
"5 dollars, please."
After paying and saying goodbye, we fooled around a bit. Unexpectedly, Bryan suddenly piped up.
"We've got to go on the Ferris wheel. It'll be so fun!" Not giving me a chance to answer, he dragged me into the line. After a 5 minute wait, we finally got into one of the carts. While going up, he turned to face me.
"Thanks for coming along. You made this special. I know even Jenna couldn't have even made me laugh as much as you did."
Smiling, I turned to face him. Taking in his closeness, I realized that he was close enough to kiss me.
I was even more surprised when he did. I stopped kissing him and I smacked him in the face.
"Ouch! What in the heck was that for, JJ?" He said, feeling his cheek.
"I can't believe you just kissed me again. Tell me, Bryan, were you just gonna tell me to forget about that kiss too?"
"You see... It was just good timing..."
"GOODTIMING, HUH BRYAN? I can't believe what a loser you are! You always kiss me, but you have to stay with Jenna! You need to pick between us! Who would you rather be friends with? Me, or Jenna?"
Bryan remained silent as the Ferris wheel made it to the bottom. I slapped Bryan again and walked off, in tears.
Bryan dissed me. Again. Tears streaming down my face, I ran out of the fair grounds and went to find somewhere to sit.
A lonely girl sat at a park bench, her head ducked down in shame. I sat beside her and tapped her shoulder. I saw it was Ainsley, the apple vendor girl who had served us those heavenly caramel apples.
"Ainsley?" I asked. She looked up at me in question. "Rough Day?" She nodded.
"You too?" Unlike from earlier, her usually cheery voice was sad and strained, and her blue eyes were puffy and red from crying. Crazy strands of strawberry blonde hair framed her face.
"Ya. That guy I was with, like, totally dissed me. And he did it AFTER he kissed me too."
"My boyfriend broke up with me. At my booth. In front of everybody. It was absolutely terrible." Her eyes started to water again. I gave her an awkward pat on the back.
"Well, currently I have no car ride either, so we can be broken hearted loners together." I suggested. She looked at me confused.
"Oh, no, I have a car. Do you need a ride?" She asked.
Oh.
I nodded sheepishly. She smiled and stood up, brushing invisible dirt off of her apron.
"It's cool. Address?"
After a couple minutes, she pulled into my driveway.
"Thank you so much! I hope your house isn't far from here!" To this she just chuckled. Confused, I got out and shut her car door.
Then watched as she pulled out of my driveway and in to the one directly in front of my house.
"Oh my god! You live across the freaking street?!" I called as she got out of her car.
"Ya! Small world, huh? I'll see you at school tomorrow!" She called back and went inside her house. I shook my head. She was weird alright, but refreshing.
I liked her.
I walked inside my house, my whole family was sitting at the table, eating dinner. "Hey sweet heart! How was the carnival with Bryan?"
"It was, alright." I said, sniffling.
"Why are you crying?"
I had to make up something, my mom doesn't need to know about this.
"Well, I won a giant monkey and when I got on a ride somebody stole it." Not true, it was in the back of Bryan's truck. This has nothing to do with my mom. Emma knew I was lying, so when I went up to my room, she followed me.
"Julia, I know you were lying out there. What really happened?"
"Ok, so I'm going to have to tell you this other story to get it. One day, I was sitting and talking to Bryan when he kissed me. Once I backed up, he told me to forget about it. How am I supposed to forget a kiss, that I think was true love? Tonight, he kissed me again, just to lead me off!"
"Oh my god, so he loves you, and Jenna?" Emma said.
"Well, he likes me for sure, but I think he's just going to date Jenna until proms over."
"Well, listen, if he's not going to date you, forget about him. If he tries to kiss you again, you'll know what to do. I'm gonna head to bed, night!"
Emma went out of my room and closed the door. I slipped on my yoga pants and a plain white teeshirt that I cut off the bottom to make it a crop top to sleep in. I looked out my window and saw Bryan's truck pull up. He took out my giant monkey and set it in my driveway. He then stuck a note on top of it and went inside. I snuck outside and grabbed the monkey and note and then ran back into my room. I then read the note softly out loud.
"I love you"

Thanks to Ainsleymm for helping me write this chapter! I just want to say thank you guys for giving me so many views!