Chapter 2: The Class Reunion

"Hello, Ami-chan? Can you make it to the reunion tonight?" A certain black-haired is now in a hurry while changing her winter clothes after taking a hot shower, preparing herself to go to the night reunion that their high school class, particularly their class rep, has organized.

"I'm sorry, Sari-chan. I can't. I have a conflict of schedule." She immediately got saddened by her best friend's answer.

"Is that so? Too bad. Makes me want to stay the night." She answered and took her seat.

"Don't say that. Just don't let anything they say get to you. Show them that you're different now. Besides, you should do something different once in a while."

"Alright. Take it easy and take care, Ami-chan. I miss you." She said and heard slight chuckles on the other line.

"I miss you, too, Sari-chan. I promise I'll meet you as soon as I'm free."

"I'll get going now. The coach is calling me. Bye."

"Okay. See you, Ami-chan. Bye." As soon as she said that, she hang up.

"I wonder if it's alright to really go." She muttered to herself before looking at her study table, wanting to start with her story as soon as possible.

"No. I need to go. It's not everyday that I get to reconnect with my high school friends." She added and left their apartment in Takadanobaba.

Reconnect with her high school friends.

That's what she said but...

"Asami-chan isn't coming?"

"That's too bad. I literally cancelled my night shift so I could get her autograph."

Sarina's pair of green eyes is now looking at her high school classmates all gathered in a nightclub in the middle of Roppongi, a district in Minato, Tokyo; famous for the funky nightlife that it provides to people who want to have their fun. It's not everyday that they're reunited so why not go to places that adults like them can go.

The loud party music, the liquors, the chips and other food, the dance floor; everything that is going on seems to affect the quiet Sarina who can only look around in the unfamiliar environment.

"You okay?" She quickly turns to the familiar kind voice...where the handsome and kind class rep is seated.

Kenji Watanabe is their class rep who graduated valedictorian during their secondary years. He has deep, gray-colored hair matched with his light-colored gray eyes. He is well, the man who made this reunion possible. And...Sarina's longtime and high school crush.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine. Kenji-kun." She replied and smiled. The man smiled to her and tapped the empty seat beside him.