Chapter 60: Ran's Resolve

Weeks after Bonten arrived back in Japan from Spain...

"I have answers to what you're looking for."

Kokonoi Hajime starts and hands Bonten members several folders for them to scan. Unlike before when the three—Ran, Takeomi and Koko—were the only ones present, Mochi and Kakucho are here now.

"Sarina-chan is...a part of Purgatorio...? That nerdy girl?" The newcomer buffest member exclaimed in disbelief, collecting silent affirmations from the rest who just opened the folders. "Seriously...?" Added Mochi.

"Based on my extensive research, the real boss of the second faction of the Divine Triad, Purgatorio —the most mysterious group in Europe— is a man named Giuseppe Schreiber. Their reputation dates to the founding of Bonten in the 2000s. But they became more feared when they allied with two underground organizations in Europe. One of which is the gang we just defeated, Paradiso from Spain." The three were all silently listening to Koko who was speaking.

"However, Giuseppe wasn't the man who led their group to victory with Ira Poderoso and another mysterious person. But his youngest son, Atlas Schreiber. He was the real backbone of the alliance that caused the downfall of the European underworld gods that Takeomi once talked about on our way to Madrid."

a/n:  Koko was talking about that one time the eldest member, Takeomi Akashi shared what he knows about the history of the underground organizations in Europe. Before, all the groups are under the same umbrella of a single association in the continent. They were more united that time. Conflicts were more avoided for they fear a single source of power and leadership. It was then that a revolution was made by three groups that worked together to bring this hierarchy down for this purpose--to stand on top. To learn more about this conversation of Bonten, the readers can check out Chapter 106 in LATCHED. 

"I also heard that Atlas was deemed a contrast to his accomplishments."

"What do you mean?" Ran asks.

"Didn't Takeomi once said that Purgatorio was a pacifist organization who preferred to stay hidden? Turns out that's true and it's all because of Atlas who didn't like war." All the man inside the headquarters frowned their foreheads. "Rumors has it that he eloped with an Asian woman to escape the cruelty of conflict and delinquency." It is then that Koko meets eyes with the eldest Haitani.

"With a woman named Shizune Nemoto." At that point, Ran's eyes slowly widened. And it is all because he finally hears a name that he heard before. "I found out that she gave birth to twin girls in a public hospital in Germany." A glint of amusement slowly showed in Ran's purple orbs. There it is. Another bit of information he heard before—twins.

And seeing that, Koko also smirked and uttered a name that Ran once told him about before their war with Paradiso. The same name that he asked him to look into.

"You guessed right, Ran. The twins' names are Aurelia and Selena Schreiber." But hearing that, the Haitani present in the room frowned, wondering why he's hearing a different name along that line.

"Selena Schreiber...? Who is that?" Mochi was the one who asked. The silverette crossed his arms and leaned on his leather chair.

"Sarina Samidori. The same woman you found, Ran."

There came silence inside the room before Takeomi decided to speak.

"Twins. The Dames that the mysterious caller was talking about."