Chapter 53: War of Nerves

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains explicit language, mentions of firearm, exchange of gunshots, explosion, homophobic comments, misogynistic/sexist remarks, and acts of violence. A viewer discretion is advised.

"What's that person's name? My elder sister? Can you tell me?"

Vidi and Ranura looked at one another. At this point, they are very much sure that the woman in front of them is already curious. And so, it was Ranura who started getting closer to her.

"We will give you an answer. But you will have to come with us now." She gaped, perplexed and anxious. She exchanged looks with the two.

"We don't have all day. If you don't come with us, we will take you by force." She remained quiet for a second, making the redhead frown and impatient.

"Who the fuck is taking who by force?"

A voice interrupted followed by four consecutive gunshots, resounded in the residential area of the island.

Sarina didn't even notice that she closed her eyes as she covered her ears. Seconds later and she hears footsteps approaching her.

"Are you okay?" She quickly turned her eyes and saw someone unexpected. Someone she didn't contact...but is glad to see.

"What are you doing here...Rin-chan?"

---

Several minutes before the encounter...

The Haitani Brothers, like the rest of Bonten, and all the other guests are gathered in the reception, socializing, and having fun. All are without a clue of what is about to occur tonight.

Rindou is currently looking at the newlyweds dancing in the middle...while thinking how cringe weddings and their reception could be. All those ceremonial rites, vows, and other symbolic all seem bullshit to him. He wonders how Takeomi could put up with something as cringe as all that for more than an hour without having to puke. But of course, since Rindou isn't the kind of comrade, bitter and killjoy enough not to show up to this occasion.

For the stoic Haitani, weddings are nothing but a waste of time and effort. Not to mention...money. Imagine having to live under the same roof with someone you married and swore loyalty and love for life; only to fight with them during misunderstandings and conflicts. And then what? Settle everything through simple talk and fuck later to make peace just to fight again a few weeks later for a misunderstanding or clash of differences? For him, a couple, horny for one another don't need somebody's blessing to be called 'one' or destined. They can skip the wedding part and go straight to honeymoon for fuck's sake and when they're sick of another, separate for fuck's sake, too. Simple.