Another loss or a new beginning

5:45pm, Girfrol restaurant;

"Cmon Y/n, just once more? Trust me~ you'll win this time!"

My best friend Hu Tao was gently tapping my shoulder and pointing to her phone for the next competition to win an answer from Ningguang.

But i simply sighed in response, since I had just come back from losing a competition where the prize was getting to ask Ningguang a question. I wasn't in the best mood, and most definitely not looking to apply for the next one.

"Ah, Tao you know damn well..." I sighed, I was not willing to make the competition count 20 participation times.

"Fine...." She laid back in her seat and kept tapping her phone.

"I was so unlucky this time mainly because-"

"Let me guess, you didn't have your glasses?"

I looked at her and nodded, disappointed. "Yeah and apparently they prepared a kahoot with questions about business. And I couldn't see anything." I sighed.

"You would've aced that, but oh well." She shrugged her shoulders and started eating the pancakes we ordered.

"I know! But I'm not going to go embarass myself in front of people saying that I can't see the questions." I sulked. This was a truly unfortunate event.

"This is why I'm telling you to join the next one!" She handed her phone with the application page open.

"Ah, fine." I took her phone and filled out the form, officially participating for the 20th time.

After a while, I left the restaurant and called a taxi. Will I ever be able to talk to the most successful businesswoman in teyvat? Maybe in my dreams...

As soon as I saw the taxi, I snapped out of my thoughts and got in, all I wanted to do right now is drink coffee and lay in bed curled up in a ball rethinking all my life choices.

I looked outside my window and saw costa coffee at the end of the street. And I knew I just had to get a cup.

"Hey, could you stop here?"

The taxi stopped and let me out, I excitedly walked into the coffee shop already knowing what I'll order to make myself feel better - a RAF.

As I was walking to the front, I accidentally stepped on someone's long black dress and fell on the floor.

"Ouch!" I said to myself as I tried getting back up, my arm hurting really badly from the fall. Just my luck...

As I slowly got up I saw a woman with short purple hair. Her glare at me seemed like a death stare. It felt as if I had seen her before.

"Watch where you're going, you would've been a goner if you were in war right now." The woman said, in a clear and intimidating voice.

"Now, now Sara, you're not a general here are you? No need to get so worked up."

My eyes widened as I saw a woman with long pink hair join in. It seemed she noticed me staring at her because she was quick to give me a smirk next.

I quickly averted my gaze from her and bowed. "I'm terribly sorry, I'll watch where I'm going next time."

I took one more look at the lady whose dress I had stepped on and realised that I had seen her during the competition I went to today, though she was just in the audience, I started feeling even worse than before.

I turned to leave the coffee shop out of embarrassment. A very pretty lady and a lady from the competition audience saw me fall flat out on my arm IN A COFFEE SHOP. This will show up in my nightmares for sure.

"Hey, where are you going?" The pink haired lady stopped me. "You got hurt didn't you, let us buy you coffee." She smiled.

Sara then whispered something in her ear and she looked at me with some sort of realisation.

"Ah, no that won't be needed! I ruined her dress a bit after all..." I turned to leave once again, this was getting more and more awkward.

She put her hand on my shoulder and slid something in my pocket. "Have it your way then." She whispered, appearing slightly irritated.

Her violet eyes were fixed on me from the side. Before stepping back her eyes softened and her face became more relaxed.

She waved at me and went with Sara to the front to order.

"How embarrassing." I thought to myself, putting my hands in front of my red face before leaving the coffee shop empty handed.

3 hours later.

As I was getting ready for bed, I remembered about the thing that the lady slid in my pocket. I looked for it to see what she gave me and...

"Is this real..?"

There was a note that read 'How cute.' with a picture of me squnting during todays kahoot attached.

"How did she even...?"