...

1:53am

Even though I should've been sleeping right now, I couldn't keep my eyes closed. Maybe I shouldn't have drank two sparkling drinks... God, and the ramen, that messed me up.

I wonder why my sister isn't home yet... She'd never stay out for this long, not for a first date...

I got up from my bed and went to the kitchen to get some water. Oh, I forgot to close the blinds?

I looked to the window that was straight up ahead when entering the kitchen. I should probably close them.

As I walked up to the blinds, I saw that Keikos car still wasn't here. That's really weird.

I poured some water in my cup and drank it in one go. Ah, much better.

I poured some more water into the cup and took it with me back to my room. Suddenly, I heard my phone ring - it was an unknown number.

Usually, I don't pick up when unknown numbers call me, but this time, I felt that I had to do it, something was telling me that I have to, after all, why would a scamer call at 2am?

'Hel-'

'Hello, this is the local hospital calling, are you Keiko L/n's sister?'

My heart dropped.

'Y-yes, what's going on? Did something happen to my sister?!'

'I'm sorry to say that she has gotten into a car accident, and... we... like...'

Suddenly everything became blurry and I wasn't able to focus on the doctors words anymore. My sister has never gotten into any car accident, she's always been an excellent driver, what could've happened?

'And I wanted to mention that we found out that she was under the use of alcohol while driving, which leads us to believe that's what's caused the accident.'

I snapped back to reality. Her... drunk? Her? My Keiko?

'Am I able to speak to her?'

'Im afraid that she has sustained a blow to the head, which caused her to fall into a coma.'

Coma... coma... those words repeated in my head for a long time and I broke down crying.

I realised that during the night I'm not even able to go see her since no transport in this city goes around after midnight.

What should I do?

'When can I see her???'

'Anytime, but we are predicting that she won't be awake for a long time.'

'Thank you.'

With a few other phrases, the call ended and I immediately ran to get dressed in whatever I could find and put my passport in my bag along with other essential things.

I need to get there as fast as possible, but how?

I looked at my phone number, Miko had texted me.

---

Yae Miko

I will say, it wasn't the
best idea to eat spicy noodles
before bed😬

---

That's right! I could ask Miko for a lift.

I dialed the phone number and called her.

'Hm, you never call me during the midnight, do you mis-'

'Miko, is it possible for you to come to my house really quickly? My sister got into an accident and has fallen into a coma, I want to see her as soon as possible!'

'Oh gosh, that's horrible... h-hold on I'll be right there!'

I opened up my old university class group chat and texted that I won't be going with them after all.

I wasn't going to let my sister be all alone here while I party in Hawaii.

After a few minutes, Miko had arrived outside of my house and I ran to her car, getting inside.

'Im sorry to call you in the middle of the night for this, but you were awake and-and-' I couldn't stop myself from crying, my sister, the one who would always protect me is the one who got hurt. The one who's soul is kinder than any, the one who truly deserves to live a full and happy life.

'Shh, it's okay, it's going to be okay Y/n.' Miko hugged me and gave me a tissue. 'I understand how you feel right now, don't worry, you'll see her soon.'

With that, Miko drove off and headed to the hospital.

---

Authors note:
Hello to everyone reading this chapter! I apologise for not updating for almost 3 weeks, I've been in a bit of a writers block and didn't know whether to continue this story or not. But I wanted to say that I'm so grateful to everyone who's still reading. As for whether I'll continue this story or not - yes, I will!