Fever (part 2)

It was early in the morning and I woke up seeing Mikos room all around me. Which made me realize that I had slept the night at her place.

My forehead was cold, and my body sweaty. I was still sniffling but my throat felt a bit better than yesterday.

I gently moved my head to the right, where the window was, but instead of seeing the window first, I saw Miko sleeping peacefully right next to me.

She didn't have a blanket over her and she was still dressed in yesterday's clothes. It seemed as if she'd fallen asleep while reading me that book yesterday.

Speaking of the book, it started off quite sad... I don't remember the rest of it, but I would've never thought Miko would write about things like that.

I admired her face for a moment, the morning sun hitting her face, her make up smudged and all over her pillow. It was a little funny, but she looked cute. Her hair looked so fluffy I wanted to run my fingers though it.

I got my hand closer to her hair to get a feel of it, but was interrupted by my loud cough, which also made Miko wake up.

What was I thinking? It's as if I had...

"Mmm~?" She hummed, her eyes still closed.

Fallen...

Miko looked at me once her eyes opened, rubbing them a bit, since her vision was a bit blurry from just waking up.

"Oh my, did I fall asleep like this?" She slowly got up, still in bed. "What time is it?"

I looked towards the clock she had in her room, it read 10:25am.

"My, my I have indeed overslept! I'm sorry little one, but I have an important place to be at today... is there anyone that could pick you up, since I won't be able to drive you?"

I nodded. "Yes, my sister should be able to." 

"That's great! You should let her know while I make some breakfast for us. Do you think you'll be able to eat some pancakes?" She got up from her bed and started heading towards the door, still turned to me.

"It should be fine, I'll call her and come to the kitche-." I sneezed mid sentence.

"Haha cute." Miko said under her breath, leaving the room and my brain turned into a loading screen.

I've definitely got a crush on her, I can't even hide it anymore.

I sighed and got my phone to text Keiko.

---

Keikooo

Hey sis, I've got a little problem.

Mhm, thought so since
you didn't leave a
message of you not
being home.

Yeah so the thing is, I'm at
my uh... editors house?

Editors house? You mean
the ones who is helping
you with that book
right now?

Yep

Why were you there tho?
Send me the address
and I'll pick u up

That would be appreciated,
thank youuu

I'll explain later

---

I put my phone down and went to the kitchen and stood next to the wall looking at what Miko's doing. She was done with making tea and had already started making pancakes.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I wobbled, walking up to her.

"Nope, you know, if you were to make these I might get sick too." She giggled.

"As if you didn't sleep next to me the whole night." I mumbled.

"What was that? Speak up, little one." She threatened in a teasing way.

"Nothing." I quietly opened the fridge, noticing strawberry jam. I took it and put it on the table. I like my pancakes with jam after all.

"Look who doesn't listen." Miko sighed, but still kept cooking the pancakes. "Such a stubborn girl."

I sat down and blushed. Why was I feeling even more shy around her now? Somehow... I couldn't even muster out a word.

"The first pancake is ready~." Miko switched the pancake from the pan to a plate and gave it to me. I took the plate and smeared some strawberry jam on the pancake.

"I prefer mine with honey, could you get some for me?"

"Honey?" I looked at her, questioning her tastes.

"Why are you so surprised hm?" She laughed. "It's in the cupboard right there." She pointed at a cupboard that was next to her, but was a little high up.

I got up and went to the cupboard to take out the honey. I opened it and I didn't see any honey there. "I think you've got something wrong." I pointed at the shelves that had everything but honey in them.

"Look a bit deeper." She said, finishing another pancake and putting it on her plate.

Deeper? I can't even see anything from this height.

I tried to push my hand through the highest shelf on my tip toes and I felt myself lose my balance a bit, my body falling towards Miko. "Whoa there." Miko dropped her spatula and caught me by my waist, making me not fall completely.

"S-sorry. I should get a chair." I awaited for her to let go of my hips so that I could use the chair in the kitchen, but she didn't let go just yet.

She let out a giggle. "Whoops, I suppose you were right, the honey is elsewhere." She took one hand off my waist and pointed at the counter that was next to the fridge. Turns out that the jar of honey was next to the microwave.

I stared at the jar of honey in disbelief. Did she tell me to 'look deeper' just to tease me?

I looked back at her, giving her an annoyed look, while she was looking at me with a big smile all over her face. 

"Let's eat the breakfast shall we?"

In a few minutes, Keiko texted me that she was right outside Mikos house and me and Miko went outside. We waved each other goodbye and I headed towards Keikos car while Miko headed to hers.

Keiko was already staring at me with those 'spill the tea' eyes, and I knew I would have a lot to tell her. Actually, not only tell, but also a lot to ask her.

I opened the cars door and sat down. "Well she definitely looks your type, you sure that's your editor lil sis?" She teased.

"Yes, that's her alright." I sighed, a bit red from hearing the words 'your type'. I looked at Miko from the window to take one last look at her before driving home.

Miko realised I was looking at her and waved her hand in front of her face, as a way of telling me to stop zoning out.

In reality, Miko's much more than just 'my type.'