Invited to a trip

13:45pm, costa coffee;

Yae told me yesterday that I'd be having one day free because of our hard work yesterday, so I found myself sitting at Costa coffee, waiting for someone who's been wanting to talk to me for quite some time, or at least that's what he said.

"Hey girlie! Glad you're here, let's catch up!" Ajax came and sat down next to me after noticing me. He had a smile on his face and his aura was so pure, I thought I was about to get blinded by it.

"Hi Ajax." He really wasn't kidding when he said 'let's go grab a drink sometime.' back in the park.

"So, what coffee would you like girlie?" He smiled. "Just the iced latte." Ajax then chuckled, "You're so basic." He got up from his seat and bought a drink for the both of us and came back.

"Oh, yeah? Then what did you get Mr. Most Unique?" I rolled my eyes as he sat down and then we both laughed.

"Black coffee, an elegant mans first choice." He teased.

I then received a notification on my phone, kind of not paying attention to what Ajax was saying further. It was from Miko after all.

---

Yae Miko

Are you awake?

Yes, why wouldn't I be?

Last time I called you,
you were still awake at
almost 4am, so I guessed
you must sleep until noon.

That was just ONE time.

Mhm, now then, tell me
what your plans are for
today?

---

"Ahem." Ajax looked at me, a bit annoyed. "Are you texting someone important?"

I nodded and he sighed. "Okay, but now focus on me, alright? I have something important to say."

I put my phone down on the table and got ready to listen.

"So, people that we used to study with at our old University have planned a meet up, and you're pretty much the only one who hasn't been asked since you apparently changed your phone number, correct?"

"Yes, but a meet up? It's only been a year after graduating."

"Well, yes, but most of us just miss each other. I've missed seeing you around too you know." He chuckled. "Who else would make the class laugh as much as you?"

I sighed, I guess that was the most cursed and the best trait of mine - being embarrassing.

"Right, but where are you all planning it? And when?"

Ajax smiled and showed her texts from the group chat. Just then, the waitress came and gave us our drinks. We both smiled and thanked her.

Apparently they've planned taking a ship to Hawaii and spending a week at our friends, Ayakas, private beach house. We had already thought about this during University days since Ayaka would talk about going on vacation there often.

"Let me quickly add you to the group chat so if there are any changes, you know."

---
Best graduated uni class🥶

You have been added to the group chat

Itto:
Is that who I think it is?!

Yoimiya:
Y/N!!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG
I'VE MISSED YOU!

Heizou:
Even I couldn't have sniffed her out

Itto:
Wdym sniffed her out bro

You:
Salut tout le monde

Heizou:
Watch out, she's showing off her French skills again!!!😮‍💨

---

Well, there goes the group.

"They've all missed you, including me of course, I missed your jokes the most." Ajax laughed. "You know... we used to be very close..."

I gazed down. "Sorry for not keeping contact... I was kind of going through something back then and was a bit embarrassed to try and contact everyone again."

"It's okay! At least you're with us now! You know we got your back." Ajaxes smile was genuine.

Ajax then looked at me. "Got someone in mind?"

I looked up at him, confused. "Huh?"

"You know like, your plus one for the trip? I forgot to mention it." He face palmed himself gently.

I began to think about it, a plus one for the trip. Well it would have to be Hu Tao.

"Yes, I do." I nodded. "Let me message her real quick."

---
Hu Tao👻

Hey, do you have money?

What is this question...?

Just answer.

Yeah? What adult would
not have money?

Do you have enough
money for a 1 week trip
to Hawaii?

...No? I mean maybe in a year

Since when do
you want to go to
Hawaii?

😔

Since today, I guess.

Why are you asking
this tho? sus

I was invited to a trip to
Hawaii with my old uni class,
they want to do a reunition
meetup.

And they asked me to
take a plus one, so I
thought of you.

Ah man, maybe you can
pay for me?🤭

Yea...no

---

"Well, what did she say?" Ajax asked trying to take a look at my phone.

"She said she's broke."

Ajax looked shocked but then sighed. "You're always so straightforward aren't you?"

I nodded, not thinking much of it. Most of the times it's better to tell the truth than to lie.

"Just, try to find someone else to take as your plus one then." He suggested. "Now then, I found out from Albedo that you're a great babysitter, want to look after my little brother Teucer today?" He laughed, obviously joking.

Albedo and Ajax were both my classmates in high school, which is why they knew each other, so I wasn't that surprised that he found out about my babysitting job from him.

"Stop that." I playfully punched his arm.

"Hey, who would've thought that you'd become a babysitter? You used to hate kids." He laughed even more.

---

Yae Miko

Mhm, now then, tell me
what your plans are for
today?

No plans, I'm coming
over to yours.