The evening view

After driving for some time, Miko stopped next to a cliff, from which you could see the whole view of the city. Since it had gotten dark, the buildings and street lights were lit up, making the view even more beautiful than during the daytime.

I looked at Miko, who was putting on her red lipstick with a small mirror grasped in her hands to see if she was putting it on correctly. I wanted to question her as to why we were here, what we were about to do, but decided to remain silent for now.

After rubbing her lips together and putting on a clear lip gloss, she looked at me, asking "Let's go?" After which she swiftly opened the door and got out of the car.

"What work do we have here Miko?" I finally asked her, for which felt like the millionth time, opening my door, ready to get out. Miko got in front of my door and gave me a hand. "I always saw you as a rather patient person Y/n... was I wrong?" She asked, slightly giggling.

Somehow her words made me blush a little, or rather the way she looked at me after saying that? How was she... so perfect...

I took her hand and she pulled me out of my seat. She smiled at me and started to head towards the stairs that led up the cliff, thankfully it wasn't a long walk to get to the top.

I finally caught up to her and now we were both walking up the seemingly old wooden stairs, which seemed rather safe to step on. "May I ask you a rather... personal question?" Miko turned her face to me, still walking up the stairs. "Yeah, what is it?" I asked.

"The man you were speaking with on the phone, what's your relationship with him?"

She's interested in my relationship with Albedo? "Oh, him? He's just a friend of mine, I babysit his little sister often."

I could hear Miko let out a sigh, as if she had been holding her breath. "I see, so he won't be too mad about me hanging up." 

Once we got to the top of the cliff, there were many benches where people could sit down and enjoy the front view. Luckily for us, there weren't too many people here during this hour. I was still wondering how this whole thing was work related, giving slightly suspicious looks to Miko.

"Shall we sit? I believe this would be a good place for you to get inspiration." She sighed, sitting down, not even waiting for my answer.

"Get... inspiration?" I asked and Miko simply nodded. "Why yes of course, why else did you think I took you here? The last chapters I read of yours lacked details for backgrounds and surroundings."

I sat down next to her. For some reason, it hurt. Was it because I had different expectations? No... I knew very well that this would be work related, no matter how weird it seemed to go up a cliff late in the evening.

I took a look around the place, the tall and little buildings that were lit up, the cloudy evening sky with no moon or stars in sight. The benches on which we sat were in good quality, unlike the old wooden stairs we stepped on earlier, the wood used on the benches seemed to be more resistant to water because of the paints choice.

But deep down I wasn't interested in the sky or the bench. I looked at Miko, whose eyes turned out to be fully focused on me. Her gaze was confident, and she didn't seem to be looking away any time soon. She was good with eye contact after all.

My gaze slightly started moving away from her eyes, looking down at the pavement, pretending that I didn't mean to look at her, it felt a little awkward for me after all, for I can't hold eye contact for that long. 

Even after looking away from her, I still felt her piercing gaze on me. It was making me feel more nervous than before. How come her presence was so strong, to the point that I couldn't ignore it?

"I didn't know you were interested in writing details of the pavement Y/n." Miko teased, still not taking her eyes off me. Just what was this? The Miko effect? Is that what you would call it nowadays?

"No... no I..." For some reason, it was rather difficult to find a different excuse for this. "...yes actually, I feel as though describing the pavement thoroughly would make the reader feel... how the protagonist feels the ground." I wanted to drown in embarrassment after realizing what I had said. It was utterly ridiculous.

Miko giggled a little, "Feel how the protagonist feels the ground you say? I think that's a unique idea, I haven't heard of any writer using that before." She praised me in a way that I couldn't tell if it was actually praise.

"Don't make it sound worse." I hid my face behind my palms from the double embarrassment. 

"What are you saying Y/n?" She took one of my hands off my face, basically forcing me to look at her. "I mean it, it's quite unique." She said, leaning a bit towards me.

For a second, I could hear my heart skip a beat. Her face was around 11 inches away from mine, which still felt close. The slight smile forming on her lips, the enticing gaze which she held and her gentle hold on my wrist, it all made me feel as if I was under a spell.

And it was only her that made me feel this way.

Only her.