The little things

Me and Klee, or well, Princess of destruction both stood in front of each other, 7 meters apart, as if we were sheriffs holding guns to shoot each other in the middle of nowhere with some cactuses in the background, though in this case, they were flowers and weeds of course.

We were both holding a water gun in our hands, though she definitely had the upper hand.

She had a Nerf water gun meanwhile I was stuck with some kind of cheap water gun version, and it was so small, I'd have to refill 10 times more than her.

"Princess of regeneration, I have come to kill all your regeneration monsters!"

"And I, Princess of regeneration will do my best to stop you!"

Some time later...

After at least an hour of fighting, it was obvious who the winner was.

"I won! I won!" Klee jumped around. "Dodoco did you see that? Klee won!"

While she was celebrating her victory, I was laying on the grass exhausted. I was breathing all wrong as if I had just stopped running a 21km marathon. All my clothes were soaking wet and I only now realised that I forgot to take some extra clothes with me.

Klee then ran to me with a towel in her hands. "Here, take it to dry up!"

I took the towel, even though I knew it won't help me much.

"Say Klee, are there any clothes that I could borrow from you, so that I can let these clothes fully dry before leaving?"

"You can have Klees clothes!" She smiled at me.

"I'm afraid they'll be... too small for me."

"Oh. Then I can get you Mister Albedos clothes!"

Klee ran into the house and came back 2 minutes later with a shirt and some shorts. They were both gloomy yellow and didn't suit me at all.

After getting changed, me and Klee spent hours watching the TV. Turns out Klee was very interested in watching National Geographic TV.

She'd ask me many kinds of questions while watching and I'd happily answer.

And If I didn't know the answer I secretly googled it but we don't talk about that.

I then was making Klee some fish flavoured toast while she played with dodoco. Albedo told me that that's her favourite food, so I learned how to cook it.

Klees reaction to my food made me feel very proud of myself... that is... until she accidentally dropped it on the ground.

8pm, outside Klees house;

"Thank you for looking after Klee, here's your pay, sorry for all the trouble once again."

"No, no It's okay Albedo! All kids love playing and getting messy, so it's just normal." I smiled back at him, reassuring that my clothes getting wet is a normal part of babysitting.

"I also put the clothes of yours that I used in the washing machine, hope that's okay..."

Albedos face flushed red, "I-it's fine really..."

"I'll drive you home, it's a bit later than I expected and it would be safer for you to get home by a car." He offered.

"Oh, you don't have to, but thank you!"

I then got into his car with both him and Klee. Can't let Klee stay home alone after all.

"How's your writing going by the way?" Albedo looked at me while stopping the car because of the red traffic light.

"Oh, It's going okay! I might be able to publish it soon." I smiled excitedly.

Albedos gaze softened and a warm smile appeared on his face.

"That's wonderful, Y/n. I hope your dream finally comes true."

Albedo and I both met in high school, and even now, he's just as caring and sweet as always.

When we first became friends, I had just started writing that book and once he found me secretly writing under the schools staircase, he got really interested in it asking all kinds of questions about it.

You could say that this book made us even better friends.

The car finally stopped by my apartment building and Albedo unlocked the car door for me.

"Well then, I'll let you know when to come again!" Albedo said in his soft voice.

"Yeah, thanks! Bye Albedo! And bye bye Klee!" I smiled and waved.

I got inside my apartment, really happy about everything that had happened today.

Even though babysitting has never been my dream job, it's definitely a job that I enjoy.

If Albedo hadn't offered me that job in the first place, I'd probably be working at McDonald's now. But instead I'm a babysitter for Klee and a tutor for many kids who need me.

"I left dinner in the kitchen with a plate on top of it, so it doesn't get cold for you! You can eat that." Keiko greeted me.

"Thank you so much, Keiko." I hugged her and took the dinner to the living room, eating while talking to my sister about today's work.

After a quick shower, I laid down in my bed and went on my phone.

---

Yae Miko

How about we meet
at my place tomorrow?
I'll send you the address.

I've got tomorrow free,
so you can come by
at any moment,
I don't mind.

Okay, I'll come by,
but I have work later
that day.

That doesn't matter,
you just need to come
here for an hour or so.
Make sure to come here
with the book pages printed.

Will do.

---

Should I text her goodnight? Ah what am I saying, we're business partners only.

---

Yae Miko

Sweet dreams.

Goodnight. Miss Yae.

---

I smiled at her text, putting my phone down to charge it, slowly drifting off to sleep.