The day before the trip

Days passed, and it was finally the day before the trip. Just today, I was invited to Mikos house to finish making small changes to a few of my chapters so that we can enjoy the trip to it's fullest.

As always, me and Miko were sitting in the kitchen, drinking some tea and as soon as Miko handed me my drafts after she had written notes in them, she laid back on her chair and let out a long sigh, stretching her arms out.

"Finally done." She smiled. "Looks like you'll have some work to do, but that's only after the trip... speaking of... May I know why you chose me?" She leaned towards the table, as if teasing me once again.

"Don't think too much of it... I just thought you might enjoy it is all..." I tried to dodge her question. I could tell that she really wanted to know my motives behind this, but I wasn't willing on sharing the truth just yet.

Although, I'm pretty sure she might figure me out very soon.

"Is that so? Are you telling me I was your last resort?" She giggled, taking a sip of her almost finished glass of tea. I sighed in response, that was clearly not what I was saying.

"You ask too many questions." I laid back on my chair and gazed outside the kitchens window, fully admiring the scenery of the beautiful roses and apple trees in her garden.

Miko smirked, it seemed like she already knew that I won't budge on answering her questions, so we sat in silence, finishing our teas.

"Have you packed your bags yet?" I asked, hoping that she had already done it in advance, knowing that the sun was already setting, and the trip was tomorrow. "Why yes of course, do you really think I'd put it off until the last minute?" She chuckled and I shook my head.

"You never know..." I shrugged my shoulders, even though I knew that Miko could be quite lazy at times.

Out of nowhere, I heard my phone ring and saw that the caller was Albedo, I excused myself and went to the living room and answered the call.

Albedo: "...Hi Y/n!"

Y/n: "Hey!"

Albedo: "I've been meaning to ask you, are you going on the trip which Ayaka had planned?"

I shook in shock for a second, how did he know about it?

Y/n: "Yeah! I did come to the plan pretty late but... you know."

Albedo: "That's great news! I'll actually be going on the trip too, Ajax invited me saying that he'd like for me to join you."

I gasped. Didn't Ajax say he'd bring Scaramouche? Ah, although, he did say that they had an argument, and knowing Scaramouche, he definitely is ignoring the hell out of him.

Y/n: "Wow... that's nice! But what about Klee?"

Albedo: "Alice will be taking care of her for the meantime."

Y/n: "You mean, Alice is actually free for once?"

Albedo laughed quietly, yet that laugh sounded very clear over the phone, making me smile a little.

Albedo: "If it's regarding Klee, she always finds a way to free her time."

Y/n: "Haha, I see-"

I felt a hand suddenly touch my shoulder, making me cut off the last word rather quickly. It was Miko.

I looked at her, confused, pointing at my phone that I'm still talking. Miko then sighed seemingly annoyed and took my phone out of my hands

"H-hey-!" I whispered, though I wasn't really able to put up much of a fight.

Miko: "My sincere apologies, but Y/n has some work to finish, don't bother her right now."

She hung up and left me stunned. Why would she say that? "Work? Didn't we finish all the work?"

Miko then handed me back my phone and walked over to the corridor to grab her keys. Just before leaving the house, she stopped to look back at me, the one who stood frozen by the living rooms wall.

"What are you waiting for? Come." She left the house and I hurried along with her. Just what was happening?

We got into the car and she started to drive wherever she wanted to, she wasn't saying anything after all. The silence made me feel very tense, I couldn't tell if I had done something wrong but she seemed both pissed and relaxed?

"Miko... what's...?" I turned to her, hoping for her to elaborate. "What's what?" She turned to me, a relaxed expression over her face, though, under all that I could see her slight annoyance. "Where are we going...?"

"You'll see soon enough."

I gazed outside the car window, the evening sky had already fallen dark and the street lights were lighting up the view. I sighed and just kept my eyes on the road, sometimes awkwardly glancing at Miko, who's attention was fully focused on driving.