/|\ 𝘽𝙚𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨. /|\

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~] 

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~] 

Hiccup walked towards both his fathers and his hut with Gobber following behind him silently, he walked up the steps before he turned to Gobber to rant for a quick minute.

"He never listens, and when he does it's always with this... disappointed scowl like someone skipped on the meat in his sandwich." Hiccup rolled his eyes.

Hiccup turned around with a totally different expression, impersonating his father with relative ease, quite on point with it.

"Excuse me, I'm afraid you've brought my the wrong offspring! I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side! This here! This is a talkin' Fish bone!" Hiccup exclaimed dramatically.

"Now, you're thinkin' about this all wrong... it's not so much what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand." Gobber sighed.

Hiccup stared at him for a few seconds with a confused expression before speaking once again.

"thank you.. for summing that up." Hiccup huffed.

"Look, the point is... stop trying so hard to be something you're not." Gobber said.

"I just wanna be one of you guys." Hiccup frowned.

Gobber exhaled sadly when Hiccup entered the hut, before turning his back to head elsewhere.

Little did he know, Hiccup's already out the back door and sprinting off.

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~]

You were walking through Berk, Currently, Stoick was explaining to Berkians that they should take another trip to the nest.

Younger Vikings usually weren't allowed anywhere in those meetings.

A few Vikings walked past before going towards the great hall.

You turned your head as you heard footsteps coming towards you, along with a muffled sort of whisper-yell.

"Y/n! Y/n, come on!" Hiccup said.

You immediately turned your head to look over at Hiccup.

"Aren't you supposed to be inside?" You asked.

"Mm... that didn't go so well, come on! You saw me shoot down the Night Fury, we're gonna go look for it!" Hiccup explained.

"That's dangerous!" You exclaimed.

"It's in a net, what's the worse that could happen?" Hiccup rolled his eyes.

"You don't know that." You deadpanned.

You went over to Hiccup who immediately waved you on to follow him, and that's exactly what you began to do with him.

The two of you ran on the grass and towards the woods, Hiccup held a small knife which was what you assumed was in case you and him actually found the dragon.

"Hiccup, sorry I didn't defend you back there." You sighed.

Hiccup stopped walking and looked back, smiling a little.

For some reason, hiccup was always a little giddy or nervous when you were around.

"Uh- Yeah... it's fine! When we find the Night Fury, you can be my proof then, of course, we're gonna have the Night Fury with us too. But you're gonna say I hit it." Hiccup grinned.

"I'm sorry, you plan to drag a Night Fury back with us?" You asked, beginning to run again.

"Obviously! How else are we gonna prove to my dad that I'm worth it?" Hiccup asked.

"Whatever you say..." you sighed.

This could go very right, or very wrong.

You and him were now walking in the forest with each other, Hiccup still holding his knife in his hand as he walked beside you.

Berk's forests were lush and had many ditches along with craters, even some waterfalls though they were a little hard to find.

"If we find this Night Fury, you're carrying the head." You deadpanned.

"Fine! It'll only make me look better, more braver." Hiccup smiled.

"Yeah, Yeah." You rolled your eyes playfully.

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~]

Hiccup and you had travelled quite far, and he was currently sat up on a rock, looking at some sort of map in his book with areas he's crossed out.

He began to scribble all over his book before closing it in frustration.

"Oh, the gods hate me." Hiccup frowned.

"I'm sure that's not the case." You said.

"Some people lose a knife, a mace, and somehow I manage to lose an entire dragon?!" Hiccup exclaimed, slapping a branch.

The branch slapped him back in the head and you immediately stopped.

"Ow!" Hiccup exclaimed.

"What's that?" You asked.

Hiccups eyes trailed upwards, noticing the branch he hit was apart of a stump that appeared to have been messily sliced by something, it was bent all the way down onto the ground.

"What..." Hiccup whispered.

You and him began to slowly go down the dirt, seeing that the tree was definitely broken by something that was medium sized or large.

Hiccup looked over a dirt mound and immediately gasped, pulling the two of you down and breathing heavily.

"What's there?" You whispered.

"The Night Fury!" Hiccup whispered back.

Your eyes widened and the both of you raised your heads to get another look at the dragon that was supposedly there.

Hiccup's mouth opened in shock when he saw the Night Fury, laying on the ground in the nets he shot at it.