\|/ 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝. \|/

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~] 

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~] 

You and hiccup ran into the great hall, as it was late at night, so you and him had gotten back a little later from being in the woods.

"Alright, where did Astrid go wrong in the ring today?" Gobber asked from afar.

You and Hiccup walked in alongside each other, spotting the group and Gobber rather quickly, as they were in a group sat together.

"I mistimed my Somersault Dive. It was sloppy. It threw off my reverse tumble." Astrid said, looking at Gobber.

"Yeah, we noticed." Ruffnut said, rolling her eyes.

You and Hiccup continued walking towards the group.

"No, no, you were great. That was so 'Astrid'." Snotlout encouraged her, obviously trying to pull himself a girlfriend.

"She's right. You have to be tough on yourselves." Gobber said, before spotting the two of you, everyone grinning at Hiccup as he grabbed Mutton.

"Where did hiccup go wrong?" Gobber asked the group.

"He showed up." Ruffnut deadpanned.

"He didn't get eaten." Tuffnut said.

"He's never where he should be." Astrid sighed.

Hiccup went to a different table, and you were about to follow him.

"Thank you, Astrid." Gobber said. "Where did Y/n go wrong?" 

You looked back, knowing it was either Tuffnut or Snotlout who was gonna answer, or even Ruffnut who would answer.

"Always being so quiet when fighting. More noise!" Tuffnut shouted, making a bunch of noise himself.

"Too much being beside Hiccup!" Snotlout said with a grin.

You rolled your eyes and went over to sit beside Hiccup, watching him frown in a saddened manner as he picked up his food.

Gobber shoved a large book onto a desk beside Ruffnut and Tuffnut, beginning to walk.

"You have to live and breathe this stuff. The dragon manual." Gobber said. "Everything we know about every dragon we know of."

Gobber looked up, hearing the rumble of lightning as you looked up too.

"No attacks tonight. Study up." Gobber said. 

"Wait, you mean read?" Tuffnut asked.

"While we're still alive?" Ruffnut added.

"Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you about?" Snotlout asked, seemingly rather confused.

"Oh, great, Snotlout. I wonder if there's a page about you to give me an excuse for a casualty." You said, Snotlout grumbling in response.

"I've read it seven times. There's this water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face. And there's this other one-" Fishlegs went on.

"Yeah. That sounds great." Tuffnut said. "There was a chance I'd read it..."

"But now.." Ruffnut trailed off.

"You guys read. I'll go kill stuff." Snotlout stated, everyone else beginning to run off, being Tuffnut, Ruffnut and Fishlegs.

Hiccup moved to go closer to astrid to grab the book, you watching.

"So I guess us three will... share?" Hiccup asked.

"Read it." Astrid told him and you before getting up to run off.

"And then there was two." You said.

|~| Time Skip |~|

It was now actually night, Candles lit around the dragon manual while you and hiccup were sat alone in the dark, hiccup opening the book.

"Dragon classifications." Hiccup started. "Strike Class. Fear Class (Ignore). Mystery Class."

"Then there's Tidal, Stoker, Boulder and Sharp." You told him, Hiccup nodding in response.

You leaned forward to look as he flipped the page.

Thunderdrum.

"Thunderdrum. This reclusive dragon inhabits sea caves and dark tide pools. When startled, the thunderdrum produces a concussive sound that can kill a man at close range. Extremely dangerous. Kill on sight." Hiccup said, blinking at the book.

"How do you kill something that's gonna kill you first?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

Hiccup rolled his eyes at you but flipped the page anyways.

"Timberjack. This gigantic creature has razor-sharp wings that can slice through full-grown trees. Extremely dangerous. Kill on sight." Hiccup read, flipping the page again.

"A lot of these are kill on sight." You pointed it out.

"Scauldron. Sprays scalding water at its victim. Extremely dangerous- ah!" Hiccup jumped at the sound of lightning.

He looked back and so did you, seeing the flash of light.

Hiccup narrowed his eyes before looking at you and then at the book, flipping the page.

"Changewing. Even newly hatched dragons can spray acid. Kill on sight." Hiccup said, flipping again. "Gronckle. Zippleback. The Skrill. Boneknapper. Whispering Death." Hiccup gasped.

"I wonder who named them." You shrugged, watching as he read the book, leaning forward a little.

"Burns it's victims. Buries it's victims. Chokes it's victims. Turns it's victims inside out. Extremely dangerous. Extremely dangerous." Hiccup said.

"Kill on sight. Kill on sight. Kill on sight." You finished for him, watching Hiccup turn to a page that said 'Night Fury'.

"Night Fury." Hiccup breathed out, eyes trailing downwards. "Speed unknown. Size unknown. The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance: Hide and pray it does not find you."

Hiccup grabbed his sketchbook and set down the book with the drawing of the dragon opened.

"Missed one." You told him, nodding as you flipped to the next page, which showed 'Light Fury' and no art description.

"What..? What do you mean 'missed one'? There was only one!" Hiccup said, raising an eyebrow as he looked at the page.

"White scales were around a feeble bushes, and I saw a white tail. 'Light' goes with 'Night'. So I assume a white version of a night fury is, well, white." You shrugged, skimming through the page.

"You- you could've told me!" Hiccup said.

You looked through the page, ignoring the comment.

"Light Fury." You started. "Speed unknown. Size unknown. This dragon hides aimlessly in the clouds and sea fog, seemingly the Night Fury's counterpart and other half. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance: Hide and pray it does not notice you."