\|/ 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝. \|/

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~]

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~]

It was the next day, and you were in the ring with hiccup and your friends, hiccup having spoken to his father about his new dragon training streak in the ring.

Hiccup had told you as soon as it happened, making sure to pack up both the night fury and light fury drawings before he did just incase.

The Gronckle was currently flying around the ring, Vikings cheering as they watched the match.

You were ducked behind a wooden wall, hiccup and Astrid ducked behind one over as Astrid held her axe.

"Stay our of my way! I'm winning this thing." Astrid told hiccup, pushing his shield down.

She wasn't happy about hiccup winning some of the most previous matches and reaching her level of popularity when it came to being a promising kid.

She got up and started running, you adjusting your bow to send an arrow at the rocks to simply distract the gronckle from you.

"Please, by all means." Hiccup said.

You and him got up at the same time, hiccup adjusting his new Viking helmet which his father had gave him as he looked at Stoick.

It was made of her Breast Plate Which was... creative.

You watched as Astrid made her way towards the Gronckle who was idly flying around the place a little.

She got up and ran towards the Gronckle, but you saw hiccup already with the Gronckle laying on its side.

You held back a laugh and a grin, knowing if you did that Astrid might just kill you for it.

Everyone cheered for hiccup as they saw, Astrid breathing heavily at this point as she stared at Hiccup in pure shock.

That shock turned into rage.

"No! No, you son of a half-troll, Rat-eating, munge-bucket!" Astrid yelled in pure frustration, swinging her axe.

You walked towards hiccup, giving him a high five before almost walking out.

"Wait! Wait!" Stoick shouted.

"So... later." Hiccup said, looking to you quickly.

"Not so fast." Gobber told him, using his hook to set him down elsewhere.

"Come on, hiccup!" You said, gesturing to the exit as Astrid walked towards hiccup.

"We're kind of late for..." Hiccup trailed off.

Astrid then abruptly grabbed her axe, holding it up to hiccup's neck and narrowing her eyes a little bit.

"What?!" Astrid started. "Late for what, exactly?"

Before hiccup or you could muster up an excuse, Stoick stepped forward without Gothi stood beside him.

"Quiet down!" Stoick ordered. "The elder has decided."

Gobber then stepped beside Astrid and hiccup as you watched the two, wondering who'd be chosen for fighting the monstrous nightmare.

Gobber let a hook hover over Astrid's head, but only earned a simple shake of Gothi's head in response as she stared at the three from within the ring.

Gobber then brought a hand over Hiccup's head, looking back at Gothi for any sign of approval from her.

Gothi nodded eagerly, smiling a little.

Your eyes widened as the choice was made, realizing that this was indeed, bad.

Hiccup couldn't simply fight the monstrous nightmare, he had toothless, and he was inexperienced in killing dragons.

All he could do was make them docile for a little while.

Everyone cheered when Hiccup, the chief's son, was chosen as you watched Hiccup's face turn into something of utter contemplation.

What would he do?

What could he do?

"You've done it, Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" Gobber yelled, pulling hiccup into a hug as Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Snotlout and Fishlegs went over.

Astrid looked like she had just had her Yaknog spilled onto herself. She wasn't happy.

Fishlegs picked Hiccup up to set him on his shoulder, rather happy as Tuffnut and Ruffnut gave each other a high five, Snotlout grinning.

You watched as they went by you, still holding your bow as Astrid held her axe, standing in place with a frown.

"That's my boy!" Stoick cheered.

"Yeah. Yes. I can't wait. I am so.." Hiccup trailed off, putting on an extremely fake enthusiastic tone.

You know that this wasn't going to end well once he got into the ring to fight the monstrous nightmare the next day.

He'd also have to deal with a salty and angry Astrid for the rest of his life, which you knew wasn't the best thing to be met with.

How would Toothless even react if he found out, how would Feint even react if she found out that Hiccup was being tasked with killing a dragon?

Monstrous Nightmare's weren't an easy kill and Hiccup couldn't just muster up the courage or skills to do it in a day, you had to be genuinely good at killing dragons and fighting.

Astrid was more meant for it than Hiccup himself.

You watched as Hiccup was carried out of the ring by Fishlegs, Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Snotlout, an angry Astrid storming off to take out some steam onto some unlucky object that she owned, or even an actual tree.

This was bad.