Chp 1

Stanley's pov...

"Grant Ward Sydney Hig- Higgi- What was that again?"

Ward sighed frustratingly.

"That's Hignibottom." Skye middled in.

"No. That's Higginbottom."

"God damn it Ward. Seriously?" Skye slammed down her pen.

"Don't blame me if I forget." I said while raising my hands up in surrender. "Not my fault exactly." Ward gave both of us a glare. "And what about you Stanley? Stanley Harper Caldwell. Is it short enough?" He continued.

We chuckled nervously and exchanged glances. Skye mumbled.

"Yeah, can't help when your dad marries 3 times a life."

"Skye!" Ward echoed.

"Did I say it out loud?" She looked at me for confirmation. I nodded. She turned an apologetic look towards Ward. "Sorry, didn't mean to."

"Of course you didn't." Ward scoffed. "Okay, how much are we done on the project?" I asked to change the subject and of course for lightening the mood. "We got a problem. Our company's history cannot be logged in. How can I access the documents before?" Skye looked both at me first, then at Ward. He shrugged in response.

"Aren't you the in the charge for all these computers?" Ward asked with a raised eyebrow making her scoff. "Oh of course I am, and I'll figure it out no matter what." She sipped her coffee. "That's the spirit." He said gloomily.

"Ward, that sentence needs a little energy." I laughed. He just shrugged again.

"Got nothing left in me. That Jennifer Rodriguez is making my life hell."

"Wait." Skye looked at him. "Wasn't she your step sister with whom all that nasty things you were doing?"

"Oh, straighten up miss, she was the one who provoked me." Ward rolled his eyes. "And you got provoked." I said innocently only to get a glare in return. "Yeah, so what about her?" Skye continued.

"I cannot make her understand that we've to now stop and lead our own lives. She's so pathetically attracted to me that she can't let it go. I am now in a new family and she's uncapable to make peace with it." He said with a hint of frustration in his voice.

"Not her fault you're so attractive." Skye said cheekily as Ward turned a suspicious look towards me. "Is that supposed to mean something?"

"Don't look at me, I don't know." I said backing up away and then he looked at Skye. "No, I am- of course not, but yeah you're my best friend Ward, I know that girls don't die on you for nothing."

"Am I not?" I interrupted the conversation. "Oh of course you are kitty." She pinched my cheek as I pushed her hand away. "Don't do that and don't call me that."

"Well, I think-" Ward started but his words were hardly uttered as the speaker over the ceiling of our workplace started blurting out.

"There's a meeting right now in the conference room. Everyone's need to be present. Repeat. Everyone's need to be present. Thank you."

It was more of a telegram I guess. "So here, what again." Skye sipped her coffee for the last time and threw it in the dustbin. "Ooh, nice shot." Ward complimented as she winked at him. "C'mon guys, have a meeting to attend." I said standing up.

We all set everything up and set off towards the conference room. We entered and saw everyone present already, except the boss. We took our respective seats and waited.

"What do you think it is?" Skye mumbled in my ear. I shrugged. "Maybe his son is visiting?" Skye leaned back smirking. "Are you kinda.. you know.. obsessed?"