Chp 5

Stanley's pov>>>

I arrived at the club at 5:30pm. I know it's too early but I just couldn't deny when Skye asked to come on that time with such a little voice. And I have prepared a speech for her, actually me and Ward. Since, she asked us both so we both thought why not just take the burden together? She has also arrived.

"Hey Skye, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I ran to her and encased her in a tight hug. She returned with the same energy. "THANK YOU STAN!!!" I pulled away from her and gave her the gift that I brought for her. She immediately teared off the decorating paper and cooed at what was inside. It was a photo frame of her, me and Ward This photo is memorable and hilarious. This photo was taken by my mom, who left me 3 years ago and that's when I took my mom's name Harper as my middle name. In the photo, Skye was pulling both of our, I mean, my and Ward's ear. The reason is that we played a prank on her and she was real angry, and thanks to my mom that she captured this moment. 

"This is so sweet." She said while examining the photo. The photo is of 7 years ago, so we ere a lot younger. "Glad, you liked it."

"Thanks for the chocolates too Stan."

"Mention not." 

And then I noticed her looks. She was wearing a black bodycon dress which hardly came up to the upper thighs, and the dress had a bow on the back, from which two long ribbons were loosely attached. Her hair was open and was in a great shape. She was wearing a black boot, with at least 4 inch of heel. Light make up was applied to her face and she looked awesome. 

"You look outstanding." I complimented still trying to comprehend her looks. "Than you Stan, it really sounds good coming from you." She said sassily and I was so done with this sassy best friend of mine.

"You look good too." She said, "Thanks," I replied. 

I didn't do much. Just a little powder on my face and that's all. My hair was combed to the left and it was bouncy because I did shampoo, yeah, great right? A black shirt and white jeans was all that supported my looks. 

"When is Ward coming?" I asked her, following her inside where the gifts were to be kept. 

"I have mentioned the same time to him, too." Then must be soon, I thought.

"Come with me, we have to sit and talk about something." She held my hand and dragged me to the bar, where there were few chairs and we both sat. Workers were still decorating the club, I predict it's going to look good, but at the night time who cares about the decorations? 

"Is it about Ward?" I asked her once we sat. "No, I told you I am moving on, it is about you." 

"About me? I asked back. "Yes." 

"So what are you waiting for, spill the tea?"

She licked her lips and I knew it, she only does that when she's confused about what to do and what not to do. 

"What have you done, Skye?" I asked. She sighed first, then replied.

"I may or may not have set you on a blind date. "

Classic Skye. 

"You what?" I asked as my jaw dropped. 

"I seriously thought that you need a date! There is this guy, Lincoln Campbell, I met him on a blind date and he's really good."

"You want me to date a guy who is straight when you know that I am gay?" 

"Jeez," Skye smacked her lips, "he is gay, I did not go on a date with him. I met him while I was coming back. So this is what happened. My car broke down, so he offered to help me and I took it because I had no choice. And we talked the whole ride, he told me he is gay and I told him that I can help him and that's how tonight he will end up in my party."