Chp 9

Stanley's pov>>>

Me, Ward and Skye were peacefully seated on our desk working on our project. My mind kept shifting upon the fact that Lincoln's leaving. He literally was my first crush but seems like he isn't made for me. And I am just all the time thinking about him and now it's tiring and I'm trying to explain myself constantly that I'm done with him. But then I'd remember that we still have the 'goodbye' date or whatever it is, left.

"Stanley!"

I shook out of my thoughts as Skye literally screamed at me.

"What is it?"

I asked putting my hand over my chest. Not that I was over reacting, I was genuinely scared at her sudden outburst.

"We have a party today night at Red Blossom's club. Wanna join? Me and Ward are going. If you want to go say now, I'm buying the tickets."

I thought for a moment. I have the hand out with Lincoln at the evening. And then I might never ever see him again. So, there's 93.7% chance that I'd be heartbroken. So it's a good opportunity to wear off my worries.

"I'll come too."

She smiled a huge ones and patted my shoulder before going back to work and that is diving back into my thoughts.

"Hey."

An unknown voice greeted us as I turned my head to look up to that person. It was Clayton. One of the senior employees who happened to work with the 3 of us once in a project. He is a nice guy though.

"Hey Clayton." Skye was the one who greeted him.

She was sitting on the desk as she jumped off to hug him. Was it to make Ward jealous? Oh my god, I don't know.

But he did hug her back and I didn't feel Ward's eyes piercing though Skye's soul because he's jealous, just as the friction books have written in them. He is so boring.

"What brings you here?"

Clayton backed one step away from her and replied, "wanted to ask upon lunch."

"Sure." Was Skye's reply but he chuckled and shook his head as a no. We 3 frowned and stared at him.

"I only meant to ask Stanley." My eyeballs grew big. Why is that so? Skye even stared blankly for a moment before recollecting herself and giving a steady reply,

"U-uh, yeah sure why not, sure, Stanley will go."

That was not a reply so steadily but whatever.

"So Stanley?"

"Y-yeah I-"

I stopped looking at Ward's and Skye's face for permission. But they both looked at me like "you are the ones invited, don't look at us!"

Yeah, something quite like that.

I fake coughed a little and turned my head back to Clayton.

"Yes, I'll join you on lunch."

He seemed so happy after listening to my answer. "Okay!" He joyfully exclaimed and skipped away. I made a 'gross' face and turned towards the other two.

"Why will he ever on earth want to have lunch with me?"

Skye just shrugged whereas Ward replied,

"Maybe he found you interesting."

I scoffed.

"Great joke Ward."

"But I don't see any other reason though."