Chp 17

Stanley's pov>>>

I had to leave Clayton at the restaurant. Ward just asked me to be at the 'Peoples' hospital, so I ran as fast as I could because it was just near the restaurant. I barged into the hospital and ran into the receptionist.

"Calm down sir.. who do you need to see?" She asked me totally surprised the way I was panting like a dog. "Skye.. Skye Johansson." She searched on the computer for a few seconds and then looked back at me. "Room 189, 6th floor."

I babbled out a thank you and ran up the stairs. I was so into Skye's health that I didn't realise that it'd be faster if I had just taken the lift. But it seemed like, I was so concerned about Skye that I forgot that there was a thing called an 'elevator'.

I ran up as fast as I could and then in the hallway. All the people there were looking at me, some were not surprised, because isn't it just simple in a hospital?

I bumped in a nurse, she cursed at me because the files from her hands dropped, I somehow apologized which I even doubt that she heard and I continued running. Finally I counted 186, 187, 188 and finally 189. I got in the small piece of hallway and recognised Ward who had his hands on his head.

"Ward.." it just slipped my tongue. I just wanted him to know my presence.

"Stanley.." He got up and immediately hugged me. I hugged him back. He must've been really stressed.

"What happened to her?" I asked him after we pulled away. "Car accident." He replied. "is she injured badly?" He raised both of his shoulders. "I don't know. I've been strictly ordered to stay here until the doctor comes out and makes his report."

"How did it happen?"

"It's not just only Skye." I frowned at the look in his eyes. I wasn't able to comprehend the emotions held in them. "There's someone else?" Seeing him nod I asked him who and the answer was something which I never really expected.

"Our boss, Mr. Adams."

My eyes widened and my lower jaw hung low. "Did they had the accident with each other?"

"No, both were in same car."

"How could this happen?"

"That's what I'm thinking."

I made him sit and I sat by his side myself.

"After you left us, I was called to Mr. Adams office to some work. Skye waited till then. After I was done with the work, Mr. Adams agreed to drop home the both of us. We were okay with it. So after dropping me, he must've dropped Skye a long back ago. It should be about 45 minutes ago. I wonder what they were doing still in the car."

It was really a matter of confusion but what Ward said was unbelievable.

"Maybe they were.. you know.."

At first I didn't get it. Ward gave me that look and once I understood I slapped him on the arm, quite bad.

"Owww... I was just guessing. What prove do you have that my statement is wrong?"

I retorted back to him, quite pissed

"Because you and I both have known Skye for years. Do you think she will like someone like Mr. Adams? She already has seen with her own eyes how Mr. Adams only cared about his girlfriend and no one else. She will never want to become the matter of gossip."

He seemed like he hadn't heard anything that I've said till now. Instead he asked.

"Cared?"

"What cared?" My eyebrows joined in a frown.