Chp 18

Stanley's pov>>>

I enter Skye's room slowly, making sure there's not enough noise though I know she's not sleeping. She was in the blue coloured hospital uniform for the patients, and she was leaning against the headboard with the support of a pillow. There was a bandage on her forehead and her lip was quite bruised. I didn't see any other injuries further.

"Hey," I softly said to make her realize my presence, she turned her head and smiled at me returning the greeting. I sat at the stool near the bed.

"So how are you feeling?"

"Quite better."

"Does that hurt?"

I pointed at her lip.

"It does when I talk, but it's important to talk to you."

"It's okay Skye. Don't push yourself. If it hurts badly-"

"No, you need to listen to this."

I can say that it was hurting her very badly the way she scrunched her lips outward while talking but what can be so important about the topic?

"Be in your own limits and say."

She nodded and then started,"we were hit by another car, intentionally."

"How can you say that?"

"Because I've seen the other driver's face."

I just quirked up one of my eyebrows indicating that 'how come' or something like that.

"It was Jennifer Rodriguez."

"Excuse me?", was all that left my mouth.

"I'm not wrong. In 100% sure it was her." She said with full guarantee flinking in her both eyes.

"C'mon Skye. She won't go up to that far? Would she?"

"Stanley," she continued looking at me deadpanned, "you know I never lie."

She was right. She never lied. Especially to her family and friends. I sighed.

"Why don't you tell this to Ward?"

Her eyes widened.

"He might murder her! You hear him in the office how he was already angry on her."

"But Skye," I sighed, "he deserves to know. And then, you never lie. And again, he might be more angry if he found out later. You already know how much angry he is on you. And now you called me first, though we both are your best friends. So you have to talk to him."

She seemed to process everything for a moment and then nodded at me. "But on one condition." She added.

"Okay. What is it?"

"You don't get to leave while I talk to Ward. He might get.. out of control?"

"Of course I can do that."

Then I go in and call Ward inside. Her grandma is dozing off, so I let her be.

A/n pov>>>

Ward greeted Skye, totally suppressing the break down he had minutes before. She greeted back with a small smile not knowing how to start the conversation.

"How are you holding up?"

"Pretty good."

He smiled nodding she also smiled back and then looked at Stanley behind Ward. Stanley scrunched his eyes and face and tried to indicate her to speak up and spill the beans to Ward.

"Okay Ward, I need to tell you something."

"Yeah of course."

He said with a smile but couldn't understand why she started like that.

"Promise me you won't freak out."

"Or be angry at the ultimum." Stanley said from behind him with a fake smile. He had a frown on his face.

"It depends on what you need to say."

He shrugged but Skye looked at him with a glare and 'so done' face.

"Okay fine, I promise."

He held his hands up in surrender.

"Our accident was not because of our carelessness, it was full proof planned."

He didn't believe it at first. Of course. Who would even want to murder Skye and a CEO? Ok, someone can have anger on a CEO.

"Tell me you're kidding."

"I don't kid Ward." Skye said with an air quote.

"Okay so who would want to kill you guys?"

"Jennifer Rodriguez."

He seemed to black out of reality for a while. When he gained his consciousness he smiled in a way of mockery and said, "I'm so going to kill her." He didn't had to hear it twice, he knew what she was capable of.

He was going to get up but Skye held him by his sleeve.

"Ward you promised you won't freak out or be angry?"

"Oh yeah? Do you see me freaking out? Or getting angry?"

He said leaning close to Skye's face. Stanley in the back couldn't comprehend if he wanted to kiss her.

"Ward, y-you are scaring me."

He smirked in little.

"Good for you. Maybe if I can scare you, I can kill the shit out of her just by my scariness."

He said and walked out aggressively through the door. Skye's shoulders fell as she looked at Stanley who stood there, not knowing to what to do.

"He's total freaked out." Skye said as Stanley nodded.

"Don't stand here Stanley go and stop him!!"

Stanley trembled for a second then went dashing behind Ward.

On halfway down the hospital Stanley grabbed Ward by his arm and turned him around and spoke,

"Stop it Ward, can you calm down for a moment?"

"No I can't," he replied bitterly, "that girl is crossing LIMITS!"

He shouted as we got instant glares and a nurse warned us not to shout as it is a hospital.

"We will deal with it Ward, for now, let's just be with Skye?"

"I think she's quite good and it will be enough for her if you are there."

"C'mon Ward, if she hears you went to beat up Jennifer, she'll probably not be okay."

He stared at me with killing eyes but nevertheless nodded. I sighed. I never thought I'd be successful in stopping him...
.
.
.
.
.
I think we're going great!