Chp 2

Stanley's pov...

"1 cappuccino please."

"Two." Skye said from beside me. I looked at her wide-eyed. "You are not gonna have your daily hot chocolate?"

"I am also surprised." Simmons, who was at the counter, or who is always on the counter, said. 

"Nah, I want something new for the new phase of my life." She said sighing. "New phase?" I asked her while we took our seat. "Yeah, a horrible new phase of my life." 

"Can I perhaps know about it?" I asked leaning in the table, while peering onto her, she never talked in such a low voice before. She sighed, licked her lips and ignored eye contact. "My parents are looking forward to my marriage." I remained halted. 

MaRrAiGe??

"Wha-". Never did I got to finish as she continued. "They haven't got a perfect boy yet, but they are still exploring and I guess, I will do it with whomever they want me to stay with."

Skye has always been like this. Never really upsetting her parents and obliging whatever they say. She just wants to keep them happy. I have never really seen such a pure soul like her. 

"You are giving up on Ward?" I asked, myself collapsing for her feelings. Her head jerked towards me. "Giving up on him? Do you think it is easy Stan? I have been on him for freaking 4 years and it is no joke. Never did he ever realized that I want to be with him. I w-wanted him. But now I am done. He is happy with his all stepsisters." She crossed her hands in front of her chest and leaned back on her chair as I shrunked in mine. She is right. Ward never got even the slightest hint. 

"You know what." She continued, her eyes watery and her voice a lot softer. "I told my parents about my feelings about Ward. And frankly speaking, they did not show any objection. They knew Ward, and knew how much responsible and worthy he is. They were in less words happy of me." She let out a frustrated laugh. "But now, they tell me to move  on, I have to let go of Ward." 

I placed one of my hand on her back and soothingly rubbed to calm her desperate nerves down. Simmons came and served the cappuccinos. "Anything wrong guys?"  

"Nah." Skye replied quickly wearing off the sad face and smiling a big ones for her. "Okay, enjoy your drinks." "Thank you Simmons." We two spoke in unison. 

After 45 minutes~

"Where the hell is Ward lost?" Skye complained looking up from her phone. I looked up from mine as well. "Guess I was not the only one to feel the force of repulsion acting." 

"What do you mean?" Skye asked but right then we heard the bell jingle of the café and entered a frustrated-face Ward. I looked at her with a mischievous smile. "He better explain." Ward sighed getting the seat next to us, and sighed throwing his head back. "What took you so long?" Skye asked. But I joined. "No, the right question must be, what was your first impression about Matthew Adams?" 

Ward looked at me with eyes that were drooping to drearily. "Abject. Detestability." Was his two word reply. "Expected." I said. "You act like you know so much about Mr. Adams." Skye said to me. Ward frowned his eyebrows towards me. "Do you?" I played with the phone in my hand. "Actually, yes, I do." 

"When did you have your first impression with Mr. Adams?" Ward asked. "No, the most important question." Skye continued. "How come we don't know about it?" I sighed. "I am sorry. I should have told you guys before but that wasn't of much importance. It is stupid to pick up the topic from the middle from nowhere." 

"A small reminder, best friends are meant for stupid things." Skye said sassily making me chuckle. "First him." I pointed at Ward. "What more do I have to say? I am so tired already." Skye just turned her head from once me to Ward and back again to me. "I practically don't care about your tiredness, but you are gonna fill us about why you used the first two words to describe Mr. Adams?" 

"Okay." He sat up straight sighing. "There's no escape here." He clicked his tongue as we both chuckled. "At first he was okay. I was okay. But as time passed on, he just became attached with his phone more and more and I felt like I am talking to the air! Well, air would also be listening- please get me one cold coffee Simmons." 

"A sure thing." Simmons smiled at him and went as he continued. "The worst part came after 15 minutes. He got a call from his girlfriend.  He picked the call. Honestly, that isn't the disturbing part, I thought he would say that he is a little busy, he will talk to her later, but instead he said, I quote, 'continue to show me, I have to talk to her.' I literally blinked my eyes dumbly a few times in front of him. Then I thought, it must be something important and he will hang up after a moment. But the hanging up never came. Oh God!! He talked about how she is, when he will meet her, if she has eaten etc etc. So cheesy! I doubt if he even listened to me. Even when he was leaving the building he was on the call. I am so done with this new boss. I don't even want to imagine what kind of a boss he will be if he is so attached with his phone especially with his girlfriend. Imagine if there is a meeting going on with a reputable client, he gets a call and he will certainly just walk out?" 

"He seriously did that? And well though I don't have the answer to your last question. Seeming of what he is capable of, he can walk out." Skye's jaw closed which was hanging openly while she was listening to Ward. "I tell you that my experience of encounter with him is worse." I said. "Your turn." Ward said, taking the coffee from Simmons and thanking her. "We met at a street. He visited the company sometimes so I recognized him and bowed to him. I gave my introduction. He turned to his girlfriend  and literally said to her that I work under him. An excuse me rolled off my tongue unknowingly and he looked at me like he was going to eat me up. At the next moment, he smirked as he gave me his car keys and said 'park it'. I stood with the keys dumbly for a moment but then I just had to comply." 

"I am lost of words." Skye mumbled. "I seriously don't want him as my future boss." Ward groaned from beside her. 

"Well," Skye said, "I was talking to Stan about it, guess you deserve to know about it too Ward. I might get married in the next year." 

"You What?"

"You heard it right." 

"Why was I informed just now?"

"Because I was informed some moments before you entered." I said.

"News is still not over," Skye continued, "because next year I can get married, my parents are arranging a grand birthday party for me because, according to them, a person, be it girl or boy, changes after marriage. My birthday party is in the next week Sunday, you both are obviously invited."

Me and Ward smirked looking at each other. "So how much fun are you going to have?" Ward asked.

She smiled sheepishly and replied, "I will be the Skye who my mom and dad think that she'll change. I will make sure that the club is turned into club x 100."

"Wait, Ward said and then I realized, " we're partying at the club?"

"Of course we are. Told ya. My last birthday party where I can be this Skye. I have planned everything out. First of all I will make sure that alcohol never becomes a shortage. You guys can get as much as drunk you want to be."

"This is crazy." Ward and I said in unison and then looked at each other with frowned eyes not believing that we said the same thing, together.

"Stop interrupting me guys, Skye continued, " I am gonna bring the monster out of everyone on that night. There will be music, dancing, pole dancing which my cousin wants to do." Skye said with an air quote as we both scrunched out noses in the name of pole dancing. 

"Means there will be a lot of money flying and I don't know what to do about them. Whatever. Then there will be short speech session about me which you both will give." She said pointing two fingers at us making both our eyes widen with fear. 

"Excuse me?" We both again spoke in unison but didn't care about it that much this time cause ma and Ward are horrible and just extra horrible about giving speeches...
.
.
.
.
.

Hey guys. So just wanna tell you that story's still not in the right stage but I will eventually take it to the interesting part. So have patience, till I upload the next part>>>