Chp 15

Stanley's pov>>>

"Skye go with him, Mr. Adams told me that it'd take time."

"No."

It was the 628th time she replied with a 'no' again. I can't handle so much negativeness.

You'd probably be thinking that what we're up to. Nothing much. Maybe you guys remember that I've to stay back with Mr. Adams. Skye always goes back with us and Ward brings his car and picks us up. So, I asked her to go back with him but she's not interested. And by the way Ward is looking so frustrated towards Skye it seems like he is not interested to help her reach home.

"Ward! Help me convince her!"

I shouted at him but he turned his face the other way. "Arghhh!!" I groaned and turned around to leave. But I looked over my shoulder to make it clear, "do whatever you want."

Seems like they were just wanting to hear it. My words were not even completed as Ward walked out to the parking lot and Skye sat down in the waiting section.

Seriously?

Who are we kidding here?

I realised that I was just wasting my time. So I just went along to Mr. Adam's office. I knocked softly and heard my permission, so I walked in.

"You asked me to stay Mr. Adams."

He kept the file from his hand on the desk and replied, "yeah, I remember."

"So what'd you like me to help you with?"

"Look Stanley, first of all you're a senior employee. I don't feel so good to keep you stuck up here after your shift. So I'll not burden you."

Oh mom, such a nice gentleman.

Is he seriously the one who KISSED me and then FORGOT about it?

"What? Please don't talk like that Mr. Adams. It's my duty to ensure your orders are carried out perfectly."

He smiled a little and nodded which made me realize instantly that I've gained his appreciation.

"I just need you to sign all these files and arrange them in the right order. That will be all for the shift."

I nodded and started to do what I was ordered to. I signed all the files, rechecked if I missed out any one. I arranged them properly and left it nicely on the desk of Mr. Adams. He looked up to me and smiled.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Caldwell."

"Anytime."

I smiled and I was going to walk out of his office when his voice stopped me.

"How will you go back home?"

I turned my gaze to him. Does he need to know that?

"I'll probably walk or get a bus."

"I've finished my work, I might drop you home."

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

"There's no need Mr. Adams. I'll manage."

"Let me, I'll be honoured to."

I bit my lip in order to make him understand that it cannot happen. Instead he asked me,

"Is there a problem?"

I gained up all my courage and replied to his face.

"Yes, there is."

Time skips~

We stopped right in front of my house. I looked at Mr. Adams in the drivers seat and smiled at him.

"Thanks for the ride, Mr. Adams."

"It's nothing. I can always do this much for my employees."

I doubt he'll do this for anyone else.

"Do you want me to accompany you to your door?"

I shook my head vigorously.

"Absolutely not. I'll make it."

"Okay Stanley."

I think he didn't even realized that he called me by my name. His eyes were locked with mine. I stared back in those ocean blue eyes. Who knows if I'll get a chance to admire him in the future or not. Those eyes were so charming, as if I can drown in them. I didn't realized that we both had stopped blinking. It was almost like a staring contest but no one had trouble to continue it.

"Uhm guys?"

Skye's voice from the backseat made me come back to the reality as I teared my eyes away from his. He coughed a little going back to look in the front. I opened the car door and got off.

"Take care."

It wasn't for my boss, it was for Skye. I don't have any intension to say that to my boss. She nodded in response through the window while throwing one more potato chips in her mouth. I didn't wait any longer and started to walk to my house. Once I was at the door, I turned back again and smiled for the last time before getting disappeared into my house.

A/n pov>>>

Matthew turned on the car's engine ready to drop Skye home.

"Where are you going?"

Skye asked from the backseat.

"Maybe to drop you home?"

"Did I tell you to do that?"

"Huh?"

Skye struggled but succeeded in coming to the front seat where Stanley was sitting without getting out of the car.

"What are you doing?"

"Please park your car a little far away from Stanley's house, but in such a position so we can survey everything."

"But why?"

Matthew, confused as hell, asked, as his two eyebrows met in a frown.

"I need to see where Stanley will be going."

"You could have just ask him."

"Look."

Skye turned towards Matt.

"He's having a dinner date with someone. He didn't tell me his name."

"His?"

"Stanley's gay."

"Oh."

"So I need to find out who the hell it is. And by the situation, I can say you have a liky liky feeling towards Stanley.

"What? No! Skye I'm your-"

"Yes you are my boss, but not here."

Was the savage reply that came out of Skye's lips.

"This is awful."

"You want to see or not?"

Skye asked as Matthew went speechless for a moment. But right after that, he sighed

"Okay, let's do it."

Skye smiled and as told before Matthew parked the car a little far away from where they'd be examining everything.
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry for making you guys wait for so long. I have been very busy and it'll continue for more days. Please wait with patience for the next chapters🤌🤌