chapter 1

Lily was walking around then heard yelling only to see Ichigo and Renji fighting, then walked up only to see Rukia separate them.
Rukia: you two are morons!
Lily: i can agree with you on that Rukia but i grew up with Ichigo since we're twins.
Renji: yet you two are the complete opposite. but you still wearing your gloves? Lily looked at her hands and held her arms then looked at the ground Rukia put a hand on Lily's shoulder.
Rukia: it's alright your still learning to control them but i'm sure Captain Hitsugaya can help you, he controls Hyorinmaru i think he can help you out.
Lily: oh thanks Rukia but i'm sure he has better things to do than waste his time helping me, my powers are more different than yours i should go i promised Yuzu i'd help her out. Lily left and felt tears in her eyes.
Ichigo: damn it how soon can Toshiro get here?
Renji: the Head Captain is sending him here he's going to be on leave for a few days.
Ichigo: well i better go make sure Lily is alright.

*at Kurosaki clinic*

Yuzu: thanks for helping me make dinner Lily.
Lily: sure Yuzu but you and our siblings are the only one who knows about my powers, and i can't control them i could hurt somebody or worse freeze them.
Yuzu: just stay calm and remember don't feel it your remember the song Mom used to sing you?
Lily: yeah how can i forget Mom always used to sing that song whenever i was upset, that song was so special i would sing it to you and Karin when you two were upset. but we should get dinner ready. after everyone ate Lily was in her room looking out the window up at the moon and wondered how she could control her powers.
Lily: (sigh) how can i control these powers (uses powers and makes snowman) i just wish i could use them to make people smile more, but i just can't i could hurt someone. Lily felt tears in her eyes and started crying but didn't know a certain captain was watching.
Toshiro: how can i help her Ichigo your sister i mean?
Ichigo: your the only one to have ice powers too so Rukia thought you could help her i know Lily, is scared but i want to keep my sister safe if a hollow goes after her keep Lily safe. Toshiro and Ichigo saw Lily leave her room and walked outside then went for a walk, Toshiro followed after Lily and saw how upset she was.

*at the park*

Lily: how can i control these powers i should just runaway no one would miss me everyone at school thinks i'm a freak, i never asked to be born like this Mom and Dad knew about my powers but yet Mom died trying to protect me and Ichigo. Lily sat down under a tree and put her head in her knees, then began to cry Toshiro was about to go talk to Lily but felt a spiritual pressure and knew it was a hollow. Toshiro heard a scream and saw it was Lily and went to help her.
Toshiro: stay away from her! (looks at Lily) go run i will take care of this! Lily ran but got jumped by another hollow and screamed just as she was about to run the hollow grabbed her, Toshiro sliced it's hand off then caught Lily and finished off the hollow.
Toshiro: damn two hollows where did they both come from?
Lily: can you put me down please? Toshiro gently set Lily on the ground and her back was against a tree then felt a pain in her ankle, Toshiro noticed and gently put a hand on it.
Toshiro: it seems your ankle is twisted nothing too serious. Toshiro looked at Lily and she looked at him time seemed to have stopped for them, Lily blushed a bit and looked away from Toshiro.
Lily: thank you for saving me my names Lily Kurosaki and you are?
Toshiro: i'm Toshiro Hitsugaya captain of squad ten at the Soul Society.

Lily: you the one Rukia told me about i just never thought you'd be so strong and, cool up close.
Toshiro: we have to get you home i'm sure Ichigo can help you.
Lily: thank you Captain Hitsugaya. Lily tried to stand up but almost fell to the ground if Toshiro hadn't caught her in time.
Toshiro: let's get you home you could use plenty of rest. Lily nodded and held onto Toshiro as he gently pick up Lily bridal style and she squeaked from it.
Toshiro: did you just squeak?
Lily: you surprised me was all and i didn't mean to become a mouse. Toshiro chuckled and helped Lily get home then Ichigo brought her inside and got Lily's ankle taken care of.

*next day*

Lily was walking to school and wondered how did Toshiro get to her so quickly, then made it to class and sat down at her desk. it was the end of the day and saw Ichigo cleaning the chalk board Lily was sketching in her sketch book then heard, the door open only to see everyone.
Ichigo: what the what're you guys doing here. Lily saw Toshiro and looked away from him then continued working on her sketch.
Rangiku: who's this pretty girl?
Ichigo: that's Lily my twin everyone at school keeps calling her a freak except our friends, but Lily doesn't like to talk about certain things.
Rangiku: well i can help out my names Rangiku Matsumoto nice too meet you Lily.
Lily: same Rangiku.
Yumichika: what're drawing? Lily jumped and tried to hide her sketch book but Ikkaku grabbed it and saw the sketch.
Ikkaku: hey nice dragon looks good.
Lily: uh thank you. Lily took her book and put it in her bag then walked out of the room and went down to the last floor, but got beat up and held her arm then got up and fell to the ground while hearing some guys laugh at her.

Lily: why are you all picking on me i never did anything to you?!
Chase: it's more fun since your so weak.
Lily: I'll show you. Lily took off her glove and froze the ground a bit then got up and left after watching her bullies fall to the ground, as Lily was walking she fell to the ground and heard Toshiro's voice the same with Ikkaku, Yumichika, Renji and Rangiku.
Rangiku: Lily you alright?
Lily: no i was beat up by some guys they have been picking on me ever since i came to this school, they've been calling me freak and a mistake.
Ikkaku: where are they i will deal with them.
Lily: no need i froze the ground and made them slip it's what they get for making fun of me, i just want them to leave me alone i never asked for this!
Toshiro: Lily listen to me you can control your powers i can help you.
Lily: it's no use you wouldn't understand Captain Hitsugaya my powers are out of your knowledge, i was born with them and i didn't ask to have them. Mom and Dad didn't know how i got them they just showed up out of no where.
Rangiku: when did they appear?
Lily: they appeared when i was six and i tried to hide them but nothing worked.

*tiny time skip*

Lily was looking out her window and remembered the song her Mom would sing to her.

Where the North wind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river, all is found

In her waters, deep and true
Lie the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned

Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song, all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?

Where the North wind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found

Lily: (sigh) wish you were here Mom. the blew through Lily's window and she looked up to see Toshiro in his soul reaper form.
Toshiro: have a beautiful voice i was just passing by then i heard you singing.
Lily: oh it was just a song Mom used to sing to me when i was a kid it's the only thing i have left of her. but what're you doing here?
Toshiro: i wanted to make sure you were alright.
Lily: i'm fine just staying in my room like i always do. Toshiro thought about something held out his hand to Lily which made her confused and looked at him.
Toshiro: come with me i want to show you something. Lily took Toshiro's hand and she held onto him scared about falling, Toshiro put his arm around Lily's waist which made her blush a bit.

*at the park*

Toshiro: Lily what i wanted to show you is (pulls out sword) this my Zanpakuto it goes by Hyorinmaru it's a snow and ice type.
Lily: whoa it suits you but why did you want to show me your sword?
Toshiro: give me your hand. Lily did what Toshiro asked and he gently took her hand then placed his sword in Lily's hand and it felt different to her.
Lily: feels kinda heavy then again swords tend to feel like this i guess, except i never held a sword before.
Toshiro: Hyorinmaru only listens to me i had gotten this sword when i was in the soul reaper academy.
Lily: wow i'm guessing that's how every soul reaper becomes who they are.
Toshiro: that's right.