chapter 4

everyone ran to find Lily and saw she was in cased in ice.
Ichigo: stand back i'm going to free Lily Zangetsu Tenso! the ice began to shatter and Lily let out a gasp Toshiro ran over to her and held her face in his hands.
Toshiro: Lily it's going to be alright i'm going to get you out of here! Toshiro cut the vines and Lily fell out but Toshiro caught her then picked her up bridal style Lily was shaking, it wasn't from the cold it was from how scared she was.
Ichigo: Lily hey it's alright wake up.
Lily: I Ichigo T T Toshiro?
Rukia: your alright we were so worried about you.
Renji: your cold as ice come on we gotta warm you up.
Lily: sure i know i'm not used to the cold like Toshiro is. achoo ugh i think i might end up sick though.
Toshiro: don't worry we're going to get you home.

*at the Soul Society*

Toshiro was heading to Squad 4 Barracks and knew they could help Lily.
Isane: Captain Hitsugaya what's wrong?
Toshiro: it's Lily she's burning up i think Lily's sick.
Isane: bring her over here it could just be a fever. Toshiro gently laid Lily down and she was still out cold she had a fever and had to stay put.
Toshiro: please get better Lily. Lily moved her hand over Toshiro's and he gave it a gentle squeeze.

*two weeks later*

Lily was feeling better and she in her barrack looking outside but didn't know what to do anymore, she played around with her powers a bit and made an ice rose. Lily held it in her hand then heard a knock on her door then told whoever it was to come in the door opened to reveal Toshiro.
Lily: Toshiro.
Toshiro: i haven't seen you all day everything alright?
Lily: not really but i feel like should've fought back but i was so scared by what was happening i feel like i failed everyone. Toshiro sat down next to Lily and held her close which caught her off guard. then she put her hand on Toshiro's shoulder as Lily closed her eyes.
Toshiro: none of us expected it but i promise Aizen and Ichimaru are never going to harm you again. Lily felt tears in her eyes then put her arms around Toshiro feeling safe, they both pulled away and Lily held out the rose to Toshiro he took it and saw how it looked.
Toshiro: did you make this?
Lily: mhm i was just playing around with my powers and i made that.
Toshiro: Lily i have something for you close your eyes. Lily did as she was told then felt something cold and metal around her neck then looked down to see a necklace.

Lily: a necklace?
Toshiro: i had it custom made for you it supposed to look like the chain that's attached to my Zanpakuto. i thought it would help cheer you up.
Lily: thank you i love it i actually looks like your sword.

Toshiro: whenever you look at the charm you can think of me i will always be there to protect you Lily, but i think it's time to get you home

Lily: okay. Lily got up and followed Toshiro and they walked to the gate and Lily walked through with Toshiro and they ended up in the land of the living.

*mini time skip*

Lily was in her room sketching then looked at her charm and thought about Toshiro then heard her soul phone go off then picked it up and saw a message from Toshiro she smiled at it then sent him a message back.
Lily: (sigh) i wonder if i should go find some more paints. Lily went to the mall and found the craft shop and found what she needed then left the shop and heard her phone go off only to see it was Rukia, and she answered the call.
Lily: is there something wrong Rukia?
Rukia: no not all but where did you go?
Lily: i just went to get some more paint i ran out of acrylics so i had to run to the store and pick up more, you know how i tend to paint.
Rukia: i know but be careful also Captain Hitsugaya is coming to Karakura town so be warned about Rangiku, you know how she is.
Lily: yeah i know but don't worry i have things to do and i plan on painting so you have nothing to worry about. after the call Lily had made it home and went up to her room then got the paints ready, and her brushes then got some water and began to paint she was painting a wolf on a snowy hill howling at the moon. then put her brush down and went to get cleaned up then heard something and went downstairs to see Ichigo and Isshin fighting again, Lily decided to freeze their hands together and they looked at her.