chapter 6

everything was back to normal at the moment but Lily something felt off and Lily felt a hand on her shoulder and saw it was Toshiro.
Toshiro: Lily i would like to talk to you in private please.
Lily: okay. Lily left with Toshiro and Ichigo saw he smiled knowing Lily would be alright. they walked away from the camp into the woods and Toshiro stopped then Lily looked at him confused as she noticed something was off with him.

*in the woods*

Lily: Toshiro are you alright?
Toshiro: i'm fine but it's you i'm worried about just what the hell were thinking fighting those sinners, they could've killed you or worse Lily they could've taken you to Hell!
Lily: i was trying to protect my sisters excuse me for trying to protect my family! you may be a captain but you can't just say what i cna do with my powers i promised Mom i would keep my family safe, you wouldn't know Toshiro you only have your Grandmother! Toshiro was taken back and never saw this side of Lily before then saw ice on the ground and knew Lily's powers were somewhat connected to her emotions.
Toshiro: Lily calm down your powers are connected to your emotions your anger is causing the ground to be covered in ice.
Lily: (looks down) oops sorry i couldn't help it my anger tends to get out of control it causes the ground to be covered in frost, i won't break my promise to my Mom i swore i would keep Yuzu and Karin safe. i didn't mean to snap at you Toshiro it's just i was worried about my siblings i'm sure you and Momo would understand that. Toshiro saw the look on Lily's face and saw the bruise then saw one on her neck.
Lily: what?
Toshiro: Lily hold still there's something on your neck. Lily looked at Toshiro confused then blushed when she felt his hand on her neck and winched at the bruise.
Lily: what is it?
Toshiro: just a small scratch you must've gotten that when you were attacked. look i know you want to protect your family but you can't be so reckless you could put your life in serious danger Lily, i can't let you die i lost someone before i can't go through that again. Lily looked at Toshiro and remembered what Rukia told her.

Lily: you mean Kusaka Rukia told me about that he finally got to rest in peace Toshiro, but i'm sure he knows you were trying to make amends with him. you worked hard to get to where you are and i couldn't be more happier to call you my friend. Toshiro looked at Lily with wide eyes then smiled at her as he held her close and Lily hugged him close as he did the same.
Lily: i hope you never feel like this again Toshiro we all will be there for you and i know you'll be there for me, i better head home Dad should be back soon. right as Lily left she tripped and fell down then hit her head and Lily had lost her memories suffering amnesia.

*time skip*

Lily was in her room while holding her head and hoping to get back her memories. then heard Rukia and Ichigo along Orhime come inside her room they all sat down with Lily trying to help her out.
Rukia: Lily i know you remember me try to think remember when we first met?
Lily: a little but everytime i try to remember my head hurts a bit but what if i don't get my memories back, i might not remember anything.
Ichigo: Lily look at me we're going to get you some help now come on we're leaving now. Lily took Ichigo's hand and they all went to the soul society.

*at the soul society*

Nanao: what Lily lost her memories but how?
Toshiro: she tripped and hit her head some how that caused her to loose her memories.
Lily: i remember how i got hurt i fell down a hill and i hit my head on a tree which is what caused the amnesia, but the rest i don't remember i'm sorry if i don't remember any of you but i want to try and gain back my memories.
Shunsui: there's our girl. Toshiro guided Lily to the Squad ten barracks and she laid down to get some sleep but Lily was having a dream and it was her memories, Lily started getting her memories back little by little everyday she was remembering everything all except for Toshiro.
Lily: why can't i remember the captain it's almost as if we're close (looks down at necklace) this necklace (eyes widen) ah my head. Lily fell to the ground on her knees and held her head then heard a voice only to see it was Rangiku.
Rangiku: Lily calm down and breath just look at me it's going to be alright.
Lily: R Rangiku my head it hurts i want it to stop. Rangiku helped Lily up and they went outside but then something exploded and Rangiku helped Lily get out of the way and put her somewhere safe. just then something grabbed Lily and she screamed.
Ichigo: Lily!
Lily: Ichigo help! Lily was thrown to the ground after she used her powers and froze the Menos, and it was defeated Toshiro ran to Lily and held her close as Lily was unconscious.
Toshiro: someone get Captain Onohana here now Lily is wounded! a team from squad four took Lily and she was being taken care of and Toshiro was by, her side looking down at Lily he held his head with both hands, and looked at Lily hoping she would wake up. Toshiro felt a hand on his shoulder and saw it was Momo she looked at Lily with a sad look on her face.

Momo: i'm sure she will be alright Toshiro i found the flower Lily will be alright she's strong, (holds out flower) i found this for her hope Lily likes it. Momo put the flower in Lily's hair and smiled at her.
Momo: thank you for helping me Lily your a good friend. Momo left and Toshiro sar down in a chair next to Lily's bed and held her hand as she was resting.
Toshiro: Lily please wake up. a groan was heard and Toshiro saw it was Lily moving as if she was having a nightmare Lily's eyes fluttered open a bit and looked at Toshiro.
Lily: T Toshiro?
Toshiro: you remember me your memories are back how do you feel?
Lily: sore but i'm alright.

*mini time skip*

Toshiro had brought Lily to a lake and she sat down near the water.
Lily: this place is so beautiful.

Toshiro: i found this place when i was younger my Grandma told me about a place like this, i thought it would help you

Toshiro: i found this place when i was younger my Grandma told me about a place like this, i thought it would help you. once you step in the water it will help you with your amnesia. Lily look off her shoes and lifted part of her dress then stepped into the water then felt a surge go through her body and she gasped from the feeling, then looked at Toshiro as she smiled at him.
Lily: thank you Toshiro i remember everything now about the soul society, everyone and you. there is one thing i was afraid to tell you.
Toshiro: (walks over to Lily) and that is? Lily walked towards Toshiro and looked at him.
Lily: i was afraid to tell you that i fell in love with you perhaps it's for the best a human and a soul reaper were not meant to be.
Toshiro: that's where your wrong i would do anything to keep you safe. i love you Lily. Lily smiled and ran towards Toshiro as he lifted Lily up and spun her around as they both laughed then Lily and Toshiro leaned in and kissed each other, then pulled away Lily put her shoes back then was beside Toshiro.
Lily: i guess it means we're dating now huh?
Toshiro: it would seem so like i said i will protect you no matter what.
Lily: and i will the same for you we protect each other.

*days later*

Ichigo was walking to school and saw Lily talking with Tatski and Orihime.
Tatski: your smiling alot more Lily did someone finally steal your heart or did they win it?
Lily: oh you can say someone won my heart he really makes me smile and i couldn't be more happier with him, but i know the fall formal was just the begining. i have to head too class bye girls. Lily was in class and she was taking notes then heard something outside only to see school was over and Lily had gathered her stuff then went to the park and began sketching, Lily didn't realise she was sketching Toshiro then she blushed at the thought of him then saw a soccer ball and knew it was Karin and her friends.
Karin: hey sis.
Lily: hey Karin you guys practicing for a game or something?
Karin: you can say that but Toshiro helped us win the last one.
Lily: yeah i saw that but i couldn't help but root for my sister (gets up from the ground) well i better head home and help with dinner, Dad told me we're going to have Rukia over along with another guest. so lets hope Dad doesn't embarrass us again.

*later that night*

Yuzu and Lily had gotten dinner done and Lily had finished making her famous stew, it was spicy just veggie stew then brought it over to the table. and heard Rukia come inside then saw Toshiro and Lily blushed seieng her boyfriend.
Lily: i didn't know Dad invitied you Toshiro.
Toshiro: Rangiku wouldn't leave me alone about this.
Lily: don't blame you.