chapter 8

it was now fall and Lily was wearing her sweater making baked goods as she loved pumpkin treats. Ichigo came into the room and smelled Lily's baking.
Ichigo: what smells so good are you baking?
Lily: yeah halloween treats i make them every year Ichigo but i'm not letting Yachiru get her hands on them cause she'll just eat them, all if i know her i swear Yachiru can scarf down sweets. but i'm hoping to find a good costume for the party at the school it maybe a masqurade ball but it's just a costume party.
Ichigo: yeah i know but right now i gotta go find one myself.
Lily: good luck. i plan on making my costume it's going to take time to make and luckily the party is nect week.

*at the Soul Society*

Toshiro was in his office doing paper work and wondered what Lily was doing but heard voices outside the door, and knew it was both Momo and Rangiku.
Momo: i don't he'll want to go Toshiro is stubborn for as long I've known him.
Rangiku: true but i think it might surprise Lily why don't you go see her Momo or i could. Toshiro opened the door and scared the girls.
Toshiro: you both know i can hear you right? Momo and Rangiku both had sheepish smiles then ran for it Toshiro shook his head then sat back down at his desk after closing the door.
Toshiro: i wonder what Lily is doing right now. Toshiro called Lily and she answered it.
Lily: hi Toshiro why the sudden call?
Toshiro: i was wondering how you were doing everything alright there?
Lily: everything is fine just working on a costume for a party at school it's a masqurade party basically everyone is going to be wearing costumes, so i'm working on mine it's tricky getting every detail right.
Toshiro: i see Momo and Rangiku were outside my office talking about you and saying how stubborn i am.
Lily: it's true you are i hate to say it but i agree with them. Toshiro playfully rolled his eyes and after the call he got back to work.
Toshiro: hmm maybe i could go just for Lily there might be a hollow near by the school.

*at the party*

everyone was having fun all except Lily she was sitting at a table by herself watching everyone have fun. the Orihime walked over and saw Lily's costume.
Orihime: wow Lily you look great.

Lily: thanks Orihime.
Orihime: what're you supposed to be anyway?
Lily: i'm a moon sorceress i figured i go with something different that wasn't ice. but what was the point of me coming here (sigh) i'm going to get some air if Ichigo asks where i'm at tell him i'm outside. Lily walked outside and was on the roof looking up at the stars then heard something and saw it was a hollow froze it then saw Toshiro.
Toshiro: Lily are you alright. Toshiro turned after he put his sword away and saw Lily wearing her costume.
Lily: what?
Toshiro: (shakes head) wow. Lily blushed and pulled her hood more over her face.
Lily: i guess you like it?
Toshiro: as beautiufl as the moon itself. Lily blushed even more and walked over to Toshiro.
Lily: i'm guessing your soul phone went off due to the hollow or did you just want to see your girlfriend? Toshiro smirked and raised a brow at Lily as he crossed his arms.
Toshiro: is it wrong for me to see my girlfriend especially when i asked for this night.
Lily: smart aleck. see you downstairs. Lily walked downstairs and went to get some punch and saw Toshiro walking over.

*in the gym*

Lily: (giggles) what's with the ears?
Toshiro: don't ask let's just say this is a spell that got casted on me so i'm stuck like this for tonight.
Lily: well that would explain the tail i won't say a thing about it i promise. but how did this happen you mess with a witch or something?
Toshiro: or something but i didn't ask for this something just turned me into this and i fear this might happen everynight.
Lily: more like when the moon is full its a werewolf thing some transform under the full moon but at least your not like that, i know you would never hurt me. let's go i had enough of this party. they both left and Lily gave Toshiro a cloak to cover himself and he smiled at her.
Toshiro: thank you Lily we better leave before anyone sees me like this.
Lily: right. as they were leaving someone called for their names and saw it was Ichigo.
Ichigo: Lily you heading home?
Lily: yeah i thought i'd leave early so see you at home Ichigo. Lily walked away with Toshiro as they made it to the house.

*in Lily's room*

Lily: whew at least Yuzu and Karin aren't here. there has to be a way to turn you back.
Toshiro: i don't think there is Lily i have to leave back to the Soul Society i want you to stay here where your safe.
Lily: alright but please be careful and don't let anyone see you like this. Toshiro cupped Lily's cheek with his hand and kissed her forehead then left Lily got changed out of her costume and went downstairs to get some tea.

*at the Soul Society*

Toshiro: it's almost morning i should be back to normal then but for now i need to return to my barracks, before anyone can see me like this. Toshiro had made it to his barracks and closed the door before anyone could see him, the sun had risen and Toshiro was back to normal but something felt off and he knew he had to find a way to be himself again.
Toshiro: there might be something in the library of how to break the spell on me. Toshiro went to the library and searched for a book to help then he found one then saw that Lily could be the key.
Toshiro: maybe this could help me i need Lily's help. Toshiro walked to his office and told Rangiku to get Lily and she complied with it. after sometime Rangiku came back with Lily and she walked over to Toshiro worried about him.
Lily: Toshiro why did you ask Rangiku to come get me?
Toshiro: (holds out book) look at this. Lily took the book and saw something about what was going on.
Rangiku: i'm confused what's going on here?
Lily: might as well tell her Rangiku deserves to know the truth.
Toshiro: something is wrong with me i can't explain it. Lily looked outside and saw it was getting dark.
Lily: guys it's getting dark and it's another full moon this might come as a shock when you see it Rangiku. Toshiro held his head and Lily held his shoulders then Rangiku saw claws coming from her captains hands.

Rangiku: Captain what's happening to you?
Toshiro: someone or something did this too me. fur had covered Toshiro's body and Lily held his hand.
Lily: he's a werewolf and i'm going to find a way to break this spell on Toshiro even if i die, it's all worth it for the one i love.
Toshiro: Lily no i will not let you die because of this.
Lily: i can't let you stay like this i love you Toshiro let's go we're ending this now! Rangiku helped Toshiro up and Lily covered him with the cloak she brought then Toshiro put the hood on and they all left the seireitei.

*in the forest*

Rangiku: how are we going to find a cure?
Lily: i do a lot of reading in my spare time so guess you can say wolves are my specialty, but i think there might be a crystal to turn Toshiro back. if we find it then we can turn you back. they all left and found a place to stay for the night. Lily was asleep Toshiro was beside Lily he put a hand on her shoulder he smiled at Lily.
Rangiku: your very lucky Captain whenever i went to see Lily she was always smiling whenever she thought of you, Lily really loves you also she never takes off the necklace you gave her. Toshiro looked down to see that Lily was still wearing the necklace he smiled and covered Lily with the cloak so she wouldn't be cold.
Toshiro: get some sleep Rangiku i will keep first watch.
Rangiku: alright good night Captain. Rangiku went to sleep while Toshiro kept first watch.
Toshiro: i won't let anything happen to you Lily i promise.

*next day*

everyone at the Soul Society was searching for Toshiro and Rangiku. Ichigo was searching for Lily but couldn't find her everyone back in the land of the living was worried about her.
Ichigo: where the hell did they go?
Yoruichi: it is strange but Leiutenant Hinamori found something in Toshiro's office (holds out fur) it's white fur.
Renji: white fur did Lily bring a cat?
Momo: no i think its a wolf Lily told me they have thick fur coats.
Rukia: if it is a wolf then how did it get here?
Izuru: i got word from the Head Captain he wants you all to search for Captain Hitsugaya and Rangiku i'm sure Lily is with them, i had informed Yumichika and Ikkaku to go with you all.
Renji: right we should search the woods maybe they could be there.
Byakuya: i shall assist you in the search.

*in the woods*

Lily: i think we're close but honestly i have no idea where the crystal is at. (sigh) that damn thing has to be somewhere maybe in the mountains.
Rangiku: didn't you bring the book with you?
Lily: oh right i did (pulls out book) it says the crystal is in a cave up in the mountains.