chapter 15

it was days after the wedding and Lily was with Toshiro in his office then Lily put hand, on her stomach since she was expecting a baby they both don't know what their having.
Toshiro: Lily you should go sit down.
Lily: i'm fine Toshiro you worry too much so please calm down i'm alright and i'm not stressing myself, but i should go and deliver the papers to Shuhei.
Toshiro: alright but be careful.
Lily: i promise. Lily picked up the stack of papers and went to Squad 9 as she gave the papers to Shuhei.
Shuhei: thank you Lily how's the kid?
Lily: their doing fine but Toshiro and i don't know what the baby is going to be.
Shuhei: well be careful heading back. Lily nodded and walked back to Squad 10 Barracks and Lily sat down on the porch of the barracks while holding her stomach.
Rangiku: Lily the Captain was wondering where you were at.
Lily: sorry if i worried my husband but i needed to sit down it's not easy being pregnant Rangiku, so let him know i'm going home to relax that way Toshiro won't worry so much.
Rangiku: alright but are you going to be alright getting home?
Lily: i should but i have a feeling my husband is going to worry so much about me. just as Lily was about to get up until Toshiro helped Lily up from the ground and she smiled at him, as he smiled at her.
Toshiro: be careful getting home Lily.
Lily: i will. Lily went home and Toshiro went back to his office and finish up the paper work he had, then went to his and Lily's home.

*at Lily/Toshiro's house*

Toshiro: Lily are you here? Lily? when Toshiro didn't get an answer he searched the house and still couldn't find Lily until he saw her asleep in their room, he sighed in relief then quietly walked over and covered Lily with the blanket. as he kissed her forehead and left the room.
Toshiro: at least Lily is sleeping. i still find it hard to believe we're going to be parents. Toshiro heard a groan and saw it was Lily moving a bit in her sleep he gently put a hand on Lily's back and smiled at her.
Lily: (groans) Toshiro?
Toshiro: sorry did i wake you?
Lily: no you didn't wake me (yawns) i was waiting for you to come home and i must've fallen asleep. but how was things?
Toshiro: everything went fine and Momo asked about you hoping you'd be alright.
Lily: she's a good friend but our little one has been kicking like crazy and they already know your here.
Toshiro: (chuckles) who knows when they'll be born.
Lily: yeah i know but if it's a boy he could look like you just as handsome.
Toshiro: (chuckles) maybe but if it's a girl she'll be (puts hand on Lily's cheek) just as beautiful as her Mother. Lily blushed and held Toshiro's that was on her cheek Lily laid down so she could get some rest, but felt the baby kick again.
Lily: ngh i know little one but be patient soon you'll be with us.

*two months later*

Lily was enjoying some tea with her fellow soul reapers it was womens commitee Yachiru got to feel Lily's belly.
Yachiru: i felt the baby move.
Onohana: quite the active little one?
Lily: entirely just like me and Ichigo when we were babies but Toshiro and i are happy, soon our child will be here but we don't know what it's going to be yet. but it's a good thing we were going over names for the baby for both boy and girl.
Momo: with my help.
Lily: yes thanks for that Momo for a boy we decided Ame.
Rangiku: but if it's a girl?
Lily: Yuki or name her after my Mom. the girls all awed and thought what Lily wanted to do was really sweet.
Nanao: that's very thoughtful of you to do that for your Mother Lily.
Nemo: you are truly your fathers daughter.
Lily: don't remind me but it was something i was thinking about i just miss her so much. Rangiku put a hand on her friends shoulder then Lily felt something and knew what it was, she was in a lot of pain from it.
Isane: Lily are you alright?
Lily: no i think my water just broke.
Kiyone: one of us should let Captain Hitsugaya know!

Rangiku: i'm on it the rest of you help Lily! they all agreed and Rangiku went to find Toshiro when she remembered he was in his office.

*at Toshiro's office*

Rangiku: Captain!
Toshiro: what is it Rangiku?
Rangiku: it's Lily she went into labor! Toshiro's eyes widened and he ran to Squad 4 Barracks but was stopped by Isane.

*at Squad 4 Barracks*

Isane: i'm sorry Captain Hitsugaya we can't let you in Lily had a problem trying to give birth we're getting her prepped for surgery.
Rangiku: will she be alright?
Isane: yes but i promise we will let you know when you can see her.
Toshiro: please don't rush it for both her and my childs sake. Isane nodded and went into Lily's room as she was being taken care of until they all heard the baby crying, even outside the room both Toshiro and Rangiku heard it.
Rangiku: congratulations Captain your a Father!
Toshiro: my child is safe but the question is what about Lily? the door opened and Isane had a smile on her face.
Isane: Lily is alright and so is the baby he's perfectly healthy.
Rangiku: it's a boy?
Isane: yes you can see them now Captain Hitsugaya. Toshiro and Rangiku walked in they both saw Lily holding the baby she smiled at them then Rangiku gently hugged her friend.
Rangiku: oh he's so cute. he looks like you Captain. Toshiro saw his son and smiled at him seeing that he had Lily's dark hair.
Toshiro: he does look like me but has Lily's dark hair.
Lily: (chuckles) hopefully i don't go through this again i have to stay here Captain Onohana wants to make sure nothing is wrong me and Ame.

Toshiro: alright and i see you picked the name we both chose together.
Lily: mhm and i know when Ame's older he'll be a great soul reaper just like his Father. Toshiro chuckled and held Lily close as they both looked at their son he was leaning against Lily's chest as she kissed him on the forehead, Toshiro gently took Ame and Rangiku helped Lily lay down so she could sleep.
Rangiku: get some sleep Lily i'm sure Ichigo might try to come visit you.
Lily: doubt it he's probably busy with the hollows in the Land Of The Living but thanks for that Rangiku. Lily went to sleep and Toshiro looked down at Ame seeing him asleep.
Toshiro: my son i promise nothing will harm you or your Mother i won't loose either of you now we have many years of peace. Ame was cuddled up to Toshiro's chest as he was sleeping then Toshiro looked at Lily seeing how tired she was after having the baby.

*a week later*

Lily was on her way to visit her family while holding Ame knowing the whole family would like to meet Ame, once Lily made it to the clinic she was nervous then felt a hand on her shoulder to see it was Toshiro.
Lily: Toshiro i thought you were still at the Soul Society?
Toshiro: i was but i knew you would want to see your family. i know you all too well. Lily muttered something but Toshiro didn't hear it they both walked up to the door and Lily knocked on it, the door opened and Isshin saw Lily and Toshiro.
Isshin: hey guys i see your both doing great.
Lily: we are Dad but i have a surprise for you. Isshin let them both in and he sat down on the couch after Lily told him to close his eyes and she gently put Ame in his arms.
Lily: go ahead Dad. Isshin opened his eyes and saw Ame.
Isshin: is this a baby?
Lily: our son Ame;
Toshiro: Lily thought you'd like to be the first to see him.
Isshin: i don't believe it i'm a Grandpa! Ame squirmed and Lily noticed then Isshin calmed his grandson.
Lily: Dad don't be so loud you scared him.
Isshin: sorry but hey Ichigo and your sisters will be home soon. Toshiro and Lily knew they would be shocked to see the baby.

*tiny time skip*

Ichigo: i'm home.
Lily: hey Ichigo.
Ichigo: oh hey guys when did you get here?
Toshiro: not too long ago and Lily wanted to surprise all of you.
Karin: surprise us with what? Lily stood up and walked over with Ame in her arms.
Yuzu: aw he's so cute!
Lily: Ichigo, Yuzu, Karin meet your nephew Ame.
Karin: i'm an Aunt?
Yuzu: this is incredible but when did you get pregnant?
Lily: a couple days it happened of course after we got married but i thought you'd all like to meet him.
Karin: he looks like Toshiro.
Ichigo: it's true he does but he's a cute little guy, hey little man i'm your Uncle. Ame opened his eyes and smiled at Ichigo as he smiled back then got to hold his nephew, as Ichigo looked down at Ame.
Ichigo: hope you won't be as stubborn as your Dad. Lily heard that and tried not to laugh knowing Toshiro was next to her.
Toshiro: i heard that and who are you to say i'm stubborn!
Lily: hey okay calm down Toshiro Ichigo was joking so cool it besides i hate to admit you are a bit stubborn considering i married you, but your not all that stubborn more than you know.

Toshiro: Lily! Lily closed her eye and tried not to laugh at his reaction