2

"Ivy come in here once you put your things down I want you to meet someone, sweetheart"

"Ivy come in here once you put your things down I want you to meet someone, sweetheart". This is Sophia Ramirez, she just moved in next door along with her daughters Skylar and  Khaza. It's nice to meet you Ms. Sophia and I hope you really like Florida and the neighborhood. Thank you, sweetie, but I am going to get going because I got a text from Skylar saying she is home, and we have to have dinner together soon.

I would like that because Skylar told me that we are best friends now so I am sure we all will be seeing each other a lot.

"Ivy baby, how was the first day of your senior year did you make any friends?" It was cool Mom, Skylar, and I spent the day together because I had to show her around the school. Skylar is cool and fun to be around I am glad they moved in next door because we both have a new friend. Sophia said that her daughter Khaza's friends followed them from California to here, so they got an apartment not far from Sophia's house. I think they are good people which we both could use in our lives right now. I agree Mom but how about you go ahead and take a relaxing bath while I cook dinner for us? I am cooking creamy Cajun stuffed salmon with roasted red potatoes and asparagus. I wonder if it would be weird if I asked Skylar and her family to come over for dinner tonight. 

I mean it's a Monday and a school night, but they still have to eat right.

I went upstairs to ask my mom if it would be ok to invite them over and Mom was very excited. I think my mom is excited for me to have an actual friend and finally do teenage things for once. I called Skylar to invite her and her family over for dinner, I made sure that she knew it was ok for Jasper and Caleb to come as well. I told everyone to be here at 6:30 so we could chit-chat during dinner with no rush. I decided also to make a no-bake cookie and cream ice cream pie. When Mom was done with her bath, she came downstairs, and I asked her to watch the salmon while I went to shower.

Once I was done with my shower, I put on a simple dress and wore my curly hair down instead of the bun it was in today. I went downstairs and placed the food in serving dishes so I could place it on the table, and everyone could eat family-style dining. Once I was plating the food there was a knock at the door and I heard Mom speaking with Ms. Sophia. Hey Bestie, I am so glad you invited us over because I didn't want to eat takeout again. Everyone can go into the dining room to eat while the food is still hot. Ivy, you look pretty you should wear your hair down more often, and let's not speak on the body hunny. Thank you, Skylar, but I am not even dressed up girl wait until you see how I can beat this face. The dress is straight, but orange compliments your skin and the tint in your hair.

I almost choked on my water because someone had never complimented me before without wanting something in return. Gross Khaza don't try to flirt with my new bestie she isn't like the others. Thank you for the compliment the blue tint is hard to see unless you are in natural light, so I guess you have an eye for details. I looked up at Khaza and she just gave me a smirk. Well, everyone let's dig in, help yourself to anything it's plenty of food for everyone.

Thank you, Ms. Michelle, for inviting us over this food is delicious I don't even like salmon now I have to call my mom and let her know I had it and it was good. Thank you, Caleb, but Ivy cooked the entire meal for us tonight. Bestie you didn't tell me you be throwing down girl you need to teach me so I can keep my husband fed, Skylar winked. I would love to teach you, but I hope everyone isn't too full because I also made an ice cream pie. I got the pie out of the fridge and brought dessert plates so we could all enjoy it together. This is the best pie I have ever had in my life Ivy my grandma would be so jealous of you right now, Caleb said. Ivy everything was so good, and I know your future husband is going to enjoy coming home to dinner with you every night. I blushed because the thought of getting married never crossed my mind before but that was sweet of  Ms Sophia. Check this out mane Khaza eating pie when she is faking like she doesn't eat sweets, Jasper said. This is ice cream so hush everyone knows I love ice cream.

Ivy, you turned ice cream into pie man you are a whole-cooking magician, I need an Ivy, Jasper said while winking. Thank you again for dinner bestie but I have to go because I need to call my abuela before it's too late and she goes to bed. Love you bestie see you tomorrow for school and we can carpool if you would like. Sophia, how about we have a glass of wine out by the pool before it gets too late? You read my mind, but I am going to get another slice of pie to go with my wine.

As everyone was leaving, I started to clear the table and I was surprised when I saw Khaza helping me.

We stayed silent while I washed the dishes, Khaza watched my every move and it made me very nervous. You can wash and I will dry so that the time goes by quicker. Khaza was right about ten minutes later the entire kitchen was clean, the dishes were washed, dried, and put away. Thank you for helping me, you are a guest so you didn't have to. I know I did it because I wanted to do nothing more or nothing less. You need to keep your head held high, you're beautiful but no one will know if you always looking down. I stared at Khaza and the longer I stared the hotter she was becoming.

Trust me baby girl I ain't the one you need in your life, but thanks for dinner.