9

Everyone is enjoying themselves and I am so happy that Mommy can unwind without a care in the world

Everyone is enjoying themselves and I am so happy that Mommy can unwind without a care in the world. Daddy is here so we all feel safe and secure which I appreciate. At the end of the day, anything could happen. Everyone is full and let's just say I had to hide the other pitcher of mango lemonade, they were on it like flies on shit as my grandma would say.

"Daddy being that you are here do you think I could maybe have a mixed drink with just a shot of liquor in it?"

" Ivy, since when do you drink or even want a drink at all? Daddy, I just want to have one it's my senior year and I want to enjoy my first drink with family and friends. Ivy if you get sloppy drunk and embarrass yourself I will tell your Mom I had no idea you were drinking. I love you Ivy but this one is on you if you get caught. Daddy, I won't get sloppy and I am letting Mom know you said it's okay after I ask her."

 "Mom can I have a drink, I won't get sloppy drunk but I want to enjoy myself. You can have a drink baby thanks for asking me now go ask your Dad. Thank you Mom but Daddy said it was ok as long as you gave me an ok as well. Daddy said if you said No then that was final and he would stand by what you said."

I watch Mom's eyes as they glossed because she loves Daddy. Mommy loves it when he allows her to lead when it comes to parenting and discipline. I watched Mommy go over to Daddy and sit on his lap while whispering in his ear. When I saw Mom and Dad kissing, I knew that my work here was done. Skylar follows me inside so I can make some mixed drinks for everyone who wants one.

I mixed the vodka with my mango lemonade and added slices of mango and lemon in each glass.

Daddy and the guys were playing dominoes, bones as Daddy calls them. Ms. Valerie, Ms. Sophia, and Mommy were sitting on the patio drinking the spiked lemonade I made for everyone. I kept watching Khaza steal glances at me when she thought I wasn't looking.

 "Ivy ask your mom can your little boyfriend here fye his shit up since she seems to like him. 

"Daddy, I don't have a boyfriend. I think you should ask Mom if you can light it up. I saw you two kiss so you are welcome for that. I am the best wingwoman in the world. Your Mom loves me so she would have kissed me regardless but thank you baby girl because she did tell me what you said. I love you guys and I love you together so of course Daddy but it's cool if you smoke."

Daddy doesn't drink but he loves his weed but is scared to smoke around Mom still to this day.

I think I might have gotten high just being near them as they smoke kind of why I didn't move. Mom, Ms. Valerie, and Ms Sophia went downstairs to her women's cave because they were getting cold as the sun went down. I made the ladies another pitcher of the mango lemonade with vodka along with a charcuterie board. I was surprised when Skylar's uncle Christopher took a pull of the blunt because he seemed like a straight shooter but Ms Valerie his wife had a good time. "Baby girl your Dad is cool as hell man I am glad we moved next to you and Mama Michelle. Thanks, Jasper but you don't live next door no worries I know what you mean. I am glad I met you, Caleb, and Skylar as well."

"Bestie we should go out to the little kickback the football guy is throwing plus I hear he likes you."

"Ivy isn't going to some party in the woods with horny teenage boys that are only looking for one thing."

"Thanks, Khaza your opinion means absolutely nothing to me so fuck off and call your girlfriend." "Well, Baby Girl he isn't wrong you don't need to be at that party especially since you and Skylar have been drinking. If you guys want friends over, then invite them here so I can see exactly who they are and what they are about."

"No offensive OG but Skylar or Ivy don't need guys around them, we all are enjoying family, so we are good. Damn Khaza, I like you I like you kid, my daughter needs a chick like you, how old are you? I am twenty-one, I know that Ivy is seventeen, but I won't pursue her until she turns eighteen, and that is my word." We all looked at Khaza as she talked to my dad as a woman, and I can't lie I feel good about the words she is saying. I respect that but as a father I only want you to pursue her after she is eighteen and only once you realize you want her and only her."

"Bestie we are having a sleepover at your house tonight because my cousins are staying at mine. Cool that means we can drink more of the drink I made and eat junk food all night."

" We out we about to go to the strip club you want to roll with us OG? Not tonight I got wifey in there I'm about to take care of but I might go next time. It's no problem OG I can wait until you get permission to go out with us. You already know how it is so you are going to be a good son-in-law because my daughter is just like her mom." I looked at Khaza and just walked off with Skylar behind me.