No Warning; Before Coming

Roseanne Wren

"Meeting dispersed" I said and rushed out of the room towards the restroom carrying my laptop and necessities and shut the door right away.

My eyes scanned my whole body as I quickly changed into an elegant party dress where it stretched till my knees and covered half of my hands with the silky fabric.

I looked at myself in the mirror, admiring myself.

I splashed cold water on my face to remove the morning makeup and plastered a new one to look ideally dressed for the party.

I looked at my watch just to find that I was already late so I quickly plunged my work dress into the bag and barged outside the restroom.

I booked a cab along the way downstairs.

I got in the cab and told the driver to take me to the desired location. I was already 20 minutes late. " Oh god, he is gonna be mad at me again" I whispered underneath my breath.

I paid the driver and got off the cab. I showed my invitation to the receptionist and quickly ran towards the closing elevator in which I managed to slip-in.

I stood and waited patiently while the elevator opened and closed several times.

"Really!! how did you get to make out with laura, she was tough to hold on." I heard a male's voice behind me but ignored it soon after.

"Is it so??" I heard a sweet and familiar voice which I longed to hear for a long time.

I seriously don't have a single idea what happened now but I could tell that his voice gave me goosebumps all over.

"You could really get her like a piece of cake and just mess around like other girls."

"Hmm, girls aren't tough for me."

"You sure are a pro player with girls."

WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Am I fucking invisible to them, I was continuously praying for the ground to swallow me up as they were talking about things I never experienced.

"I am just gonna have some drinks and sleep on my bed." the honey voice spoke with his deep expressions as they continued to talk.

"A night without women in the bar ..........that's not how noah is like." The man questioned when my mind couldn't process what he said.

Noah? Is it really Noah Schnapp??

I stood froze when I thought about the person right behind my back.

Was it really him?

I wanted to know the owner of the voice so bad.

No, it can't be him.

It had been 10 years but the effect that name, that voice, that face has on my body and my heart hasn't changed a bit till now.

He was not only my first love but more that that, someone like my life-changer.

If not him, I wouldn't be who I am right now.

To get the attention of that man, I changed my everything from studies, being presentable and good at sports.

I even took secret dance classes just for him to notice me.....

After meeting him, I could tell people aren't born genius. But work hard and make themselves capable.

That was when I decided to change my life, not only to become excellent in everything but to have my head high whenever I ask him out.

But fate had different paths for us, I did wonders in studies, singing, dance as well as sports but that day when I finally was going to tell him how much respect and love I seek for him.