The knight in black, the lady in red

Asher Blake

"I am so sorry Miss. Roseanne Wren."

The doctor paused as dread filled me slowly thinking about the worse.

"Why? What's wrong?" My birdy echoed my words. I straightened up, making my mind.

Whatever it is, lets get through it together.

"Actually, the reports..." The Nurse started when the Doctor interjected.

"The report got swapped. You have been diagnosed wrong Rose. You don't have CAD."

"What?" My voice echoed.

"The MRI Scan and the test results got swapped with a patient next to you. We are so sorry for that."

"You think a mere sorry would be ok to what she went through all these months?" Though a huge relief broke through me, the emotional trauma she went through surged up.

"Her marriage broke, she quit her job, her family was suffering from guilt because this was hereditary."

"And all these happened because of a report swap, do you even understand the depth of your mistake?" The Doctor looked at me sorry and guilty.

"I understand sir, you can report this is you want to. I am sorry myself."

"No! its my fault. I got her wrong reports to the doctor. Sue me if you're going to." The nurse interjected in panic.

"IF you are going to?" I scoffed,

"I definitely will. Your one careless mistake has-"

"Had shown me what it truly means to LIVE." My birdy spoke through her soft voice.

The whole room fell silent as I looked at her. Her eyebrowed knotted, thinking something.

Ahhhh, there she goes again.

"Sweetheart?" I touched her shoulder.

"What happened to her?" She asked the doctor, who will be facing legal consequences soon.

"Who?" He asked.

"The person, who really had CAD."

"She faced the inevitable." Birdy nodded her head seated in the chair while I stood behind her staring at the doctor.

"I had my episodes. I forgot things, I felt heavy pain in my head. I missed my footsteps and had fallen down. What are all these?"

"This time I would like to do a full and proper check up again." The doctor said.

"For? To swap her reports again and diagnose her with even greater disease? No thanks." The doctor looked at me and spoke,

"We respect your decision, but looking at your original reports I strongly suggest it to be migraine. And with your symptoms, it might be acute migraine. It sometimes causes memory loss when faced with a very emotional situation. But it's not life threatening." Birdy nodded her head, while a big relief fell over me.

"Let's take the test again, this time let me know what exactly is wrong with me." She said calming my heart.

The doctor nodded and looked at the nurse to proceed with the necessary.

~~~~~

After few hours of following all of the doctors request for the required checkups. I held the final report they shared.

I quick scanned it and sent it to my family doctor to get even more accurate diagnosis.

I looked up from my phone and saw Birdy looking all tired and lost at the surroundings around her.