Fading Petals, Fleeting Moments in Japan

Ding-Dong 

"HI!!!" 

Rose smiled brightly at her mother who opened the door while her mother's face went from shock, relieved and angry within few nanoseconds. 

Her mother fuming with anger closed the door right on her face. Rose smiled and walked around the house to enter through back door when a live threatening warning flew out. 

"One more step inside the house, I will kill you." Rose sighed in ecstasy, feeling familiar and warmth to the place she returned. 

"Ahh... I have returned home after 6 long months, is this the way to welcome me!" 

"You said two weeks. But it had become 6 months. Were you even worried about us? How we would feel?" 

"I sent you emails, messages, photos of where I am and what I am doing, isn't that enough?" She asked dragging her big suitcase and dropped tired on the sofa. 

"I want to eat homemade food Mom, though those 6 months was amazing... I missed your cooking. And I am hungry too. Please make me something." Rose pleaded with her puppy eyes that melted her mother's heart immediately. 

"Just wait, after the breakfast. You are done with me." She said rushing into the Kitchen to make her some food. 

"Dad and Daniel?" Rose asked looking around the empty living and kitchen. 

"Getting ready upstairs. And after breakfast I need to know everything." 

"Sure." Rose said and stood up to go to her room but winced lightly. Her mother turned sharp at her subtle voice and looked at her worried. 

"What's wrong?" Rose steadied and smiled weakly, her legs were so much in pain due to the intense night, but her heart was even more in pain. 

But whatever decided is decided, it is good for both sides. She shook her head at her mother and smiled. 

"They are going to Office? Let them report emergency leave... why would they go to office when I am here..." 

"OH MY LOVELY AND HANDSOME FATHER AND MY IDIOTIC AND TROUBLEMAKING BROTHER." 

"YOU HAVE NO PERMISSION TO LEAVE THE HOUSE TODAY!" She shouted from the living room when she heard thudding steps. 

Rose opened her suitcase and turned to look at her father in his office suit while her brother with brushing foams around his mouth. 

They both looked at her like they have seen a ghost while she chuckled. 

"What's with the expression, I am still alive and well I do remember you all. So, as I have returned today and have lots of amazing stories to share." 

"Turn in an emergency leave for today." She said, while the men looked at each other. Her father went back upstairs without any argument while Daniel looked at her from top to bottom. 

"You look different." Daniel said brushing his teeth. 

"How?" She asked smiling. 

"Happy and Content." Rose's shoulder slumped, she was not close to content and forget happiness. 

"How about you not look dirty and talk through your half-brushed mouth? Have a quick shower so that we can have some family time." Daniel headed up without any words while Rose returned to the kitchen to help her mother.

~~~~~~

"And then from there to Brazil, Rio De Janeiro. Amazing place. The food, The people." She spoke stuffing food full into her mouth and talked at the same time while her parents looked at her in awe and relief.